Unlink Form from a Group - in order to make changes to answer options

We are using an outward facing form to allow folks to sign up for training sessions. Our issue is that our sessions that people sign up for change over time, so while the “Question” remains, the options they select (sessions) can be different. Is there a way I can make the original group that was populated by the form (static) so that I can change one the form questions’ answers to populate a new group on that same board?

Hey @jspradlin

Nachliel from Easyapps here

I may not understand you correctly. Still, if what you are asking is how to change the default group of items created by a specific form, as you can see in the image below, under the Customize tab in the monday.com settings, there is the option of setting the group items created by this form will populate.

Regardless, if you are interested in creating styled forms that are native to monday, please check out our app Easyform

In addition to advanced styling, we offer the following:

• Connected Board support:
    • Limiting selection to a single item.
    • Displaying items from multiple connected boards.
    • Limiting select options to items from specific boards where a column is connected to multiple boards.
    • Pro plan feature - item default values support - set default values for connected board columns hidden in the form.
  • Upload files to your board’s file columns, with support for:
    • Allowing only specific file types, such as images or pdf.
    • Limiting the number of files that can be uploaded.
    • Setting a maximum for file size.
    • Manually retrying uploads if some or all of them fail.
  • Set default values for the response item’s hidden group, status, connected board, and dropdown columns. To do so, select Item default values from the Settings menu.
  • Add the item’s group as just another field to the form.
  • Control the page’s top margin with the ability to set different values for desktop and mobile. To do so, select Page from the Settings menu.

If you’re interested in creating styled forms that better match your brand and embed perfectly on your web page, you can check out our Monday.com app Easyform and our extensive documentation site.

You can set up a free demo here or contact us at support@easyappshq.com.

Here is an example of our form in action:
main gif easyform

I hope this helps,

Nachliel

Thanks for the feedback. I know how to point a form to a different group. What I’m wondering is how to change form dropdown choices (for example I have webinars they can sign up for each month that I need to be able to change what they choose from) from a single select question after answers have been submitted to a group.

So in short can I not only switch it to a new group, but can i freeze the previous group so I can change answers… For example when I need to switch from a Fall to Spring Training schedule with different options that they use the form to sign up. Or do I just need to use new boards/forms.