vLookApp - A Free vLookup Function for Monday

@basdebruin thanks! I looked into that but I’m trying to limit further third party integrations with $$ as I don’t have access to purchasing directly and have to make a really strong case for it. I just had our general caster upgraded, so I don’t think there’s a chance for that one. That app also looks like the cost is per lookup and I would need to employ it across several boards so I just see the costs going up and up.

I did figure out a workaround using general caster to cast the mirrored person to a dropdown column, and then creating an automation assigning a person based on the drop down column. It’s not as “dynamic” and requires an automation sequence per user, but it gets the job done for now.

hi @kathonmonday
Understood :), that is probably the difference between free and paid apps :slight_smile:

Hi @kathonmonday,
Yeah the free version doesn’t support all column types yet, you can use a formula to duplicate the user column as a work around.
I know it worked for other users.

Hi @Yoggie ,

vLookup is great, and seems to be solving a number of issues I’ve been having. One thing is still nagging though, and I may just be missing something. Am I able to use vLookup to pull data from multiple boards into one column? For instance, I have low-level-1 and low-level-2 boards with timelines. However when I try to create a high level and link lowl-level-1 and low-level-2’s timelines with a high level timeline, it appears that only one source board can feed into a particular column.

is that correct or am I missing an option to add multiple sources to a single column (the correct board being selected by the sourceid)?

Hi @lucidmattnj !

Actually I don’t think you missed anything, perhaps you need the apps’s full version that supports more complex use-cases.

Feel free to contact me here.

Cheers

Hi @Yoggie I have just tried to install this and use it but its saying its offline for Maintenance. Are you able to advise me please

Hi there, I tried to use this app and it says that it’s under maintenance. Any idea when it will be available to use again?

@silverberrytree
Try now

1 Like

@Yoggie I’m having difficulty in using the integration.

I’m trialling it with Text columns only, and am not able to make anything work.

I can make it work within a board, but not across two boards?

Here is my current recipe:
Look Up a Value in Code in Target Board, Target Code, Return Value from Target Text and Mirror it to Text

Also - does this work for subitems, or items only?

Please advise, thank you.

Hi Yoggie, this app looks great.
I tried to use it, but when I go to Integration > Add to Board, it gives the error in the screenshot.

Hi!
@henri_qwm
The app is no longer free.
Contact me if you’re still interested.
Yogev@Formrally.com

Hi @Yoggie - I have the paid version and am trying to connect multiple source boards to the same column in the target board. How do I do this? I have been unsuccessful. I think I just need additional conditional logic.

Example:
Source Board = have multiple listed
Target Board = Audit Board
If Status is “X”, Source Board & Column = Credentials Board X Board Column = License
If Status is “Y”, Source Board & Column = Credentials Board Y Board Column = License
Target Column = License

HELP!
I’m trying to set this up to Lookup from one sheet to another.
It is work (mostly) but the numbers it is picking up aren’t the correct ones.
It appears to be picking up “close matches” as opposed to “Exact matches”
Is there a “False” command like in Excel?

Yo @Matias.Monday
Please note this does NOT belong to Jetpack.
This is a free app created by me.

Cheers.

Hello @Yoggie sorry about that! My bad!

I erased the message to avoid confusions :grin:

Cheers,
Matias

1 Like

@basdebruin @nealb @Matias.Monday @desmonda @Brante @Lucas1 @Eddy @Paolaura08 @kathonmonday @jared.smith

Hi all,
There is a new version of this app - it has better performance but works the same way.

You can install it here:

Let me know if you need my help, I’m available at Yogev@Formrally.com

1 Like

I cannot get it to work for me :frowning:

Any ideas?

Hi @Yoggie - are you able to help please?

Thanks!