When status change to something and another status is something else is not working

I am creating automation, when status change to something and another status is something else, change the third status to something. However, the third status stays grey and empty when I change another two status.

@Jingjue

Can you share a screen shot of the automation and the status columns?

Thanks!

somehow I checked again, it works now. Maybe it has kind of delaying…after I created it.

Good to hear!

Keep in mind the order that the statuses change in these 3 status automations is very important:

"when status change to something and another status is something else, change the third status to something. "

So if you have 3 statuses, A, B & C:

“When Status A changes to something and Status B is something else, change Status C to something.”

The actual order status changing on your end has to be B → A if you want it to work correctly. Monday is checking if B is already set when A changes, then it will change C. If you change them in order of A → B then it wont register because the automation triggers on A’s status change.

Hopefully that makes sense. Glad your automation is working now!

Thank you very much, it is a good tip, I will check it with my board.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.