Workform Sections

Hello!

I have an annual form similar to a customer service survey that employees fill out to let us know how different teams in a department are doing. I would like to separate the form into different sections to make the assessment for each team look more clean and organized.

Google Forms has an option to separate the form into sections and add a “title and description”. This is just a text box that allows us to add any additional information for the section and/or the questions under it. Is there a way to do this for Workforms?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hey @xsarahwong!

Firstly, welcome to the Community :smile:

For each column/question in the board/form, you are able to add a title and description within the Workforms. Is this something that is relevant to what you’re hoping to set up?

Or alternatively, are you interested in setting up a title and description that isn’t associated with a specific question, essentially just a section separator for each team?

Let us know!

I cannot speak for @xsarahwong, but there are other use cases where additional text would be useful that is not associated with any data being collected. For example:

START FORM
Post Project Survey
Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey. We will be asking questions pertaining to Project X…

User Information
Please type your name: __________
Please give your email address: __________
More identifying information questions __________

Project Initiation
Please think back to the initiation phase of the project and answer the following questions:

Was it organized? Yes/No
Were appropriate timelines given? Yes/No …

Project Execution
Now think of the execution phase of the project and answer the following questions:

Was it organized? Yes/No
Were appropriate timelines given? Yes/No …
END FORM

The section titles (in bold) help break up the form and reduce the verbiage needed. It is great that we can add descriptions to the questions, so that I could give guidance on what we are looking for in regards to “Were appropriate timelines given”, but we don’t have a way to divide the forms into relevant sections.

I hope this helps describe what I am looking for, and hopefully this is what @xsarahwong is seeking too. I understand that we can have an “answerless question” do this, but it doesn’t seem very practical, and adding text blocks directly to the form would seem to make more “sense.” Some of these may even be legal disclaimers which can be very long, and copy-pasting them into a text block on the form display would make more sense.

To expand, if you are looking for ideas, creating form templates that had these elements, like disclaimers, would be great! We could set up a form template that had certain sections pre-set, then populate with the questions needed. Just an idea.

4 Likes

Hi there!

Like what @Bill_In_Ohio described, I am looking for something like section titles to help break up the form and reduce the verbiage needed. The title and description maps to a text column, which is great but that would require a response when one isn’t needed.

2 Likes

Not a solution, just found myself with the exact same problem: I want to create sections that group questions (for example, a group of personal information, a group for claim information, and so on).

Have you found a solution? Is there a way to do this @BiancaT?

Hello! I ran into the same requirement… Has anyone found a viable solution yet? @BiancaT ?

Hey everyone - my sincerest apologies for missing these requests here :pray:

I hear what you are all saying here and ask that you please add your vote to the existing feature request. You’re also welcome submit your own request if you feel it isn’t specifically relevant to what you want. At this time, aside from the dedicated description area for each question, I am afraid it isn’t currently possible to further break up the form into specific sections. I apologise for the setback here :pray: