Add Ability to Set a Single Workdoc as a View on a Board

I often find that it would be very helpful to have instructions attached to a board that are obvious and can be accessed by the user with a single click (or zero clicks).

In the past, putting simple instructions in the board header description worked. Now with the new board layout this does not work as well.

One obvious solution for this and other related purposes would be to enable a workdoc to be connected to a board as a view (or similar structure).

I recently had this need and took another look at how to best accomplish this… I found no current solution satisfactory.

Jim- The Monday Man

Came here for this. Please! Is there no way to do this? Nearly all my workdocs are like this and I want them as a board view.

Adding my voice to bump up this thread. With how media rich Workdocs can be, this seems like a much more useful widget than the “Text” one and seems like a natural extension/use case for the Workdoc feature.

1 Like

Following because we have an extensive quality management system with relevant documents that users need to access while inside of a board and the only way I’ve found to do so is with file columns or file gallery but that still requires me to include a file column.

1 Like

@JCorrell @JC_Milam @greg-hrc @TomB2C

I think I have an ideal solution for this, until monday takes this idea further.

EDIT: This work around can be used with google docs and other embeddable links too.

1. Simply create a “blank view”
  2. Add new widget “Embed Everything” and “Dock” it
  3. Then make your monday doc public + copy paste the link to this widget

Looks like this:

Not perfect, but I think it’s a good start.

Other option, same idea but using the text widget instead.

4 Likes

I can use this and link to the document we’ve created (not a Monday doc) elsewhere in our system. So this is a work around that could achieve the same outcome.