Add created_at Date Filter for Updates

As we continue to utilize Monday.com, the time it takes to query updates takes longer and longer. We paginate to reduce the complexity of each request, but we’re currently up to 25+ calls to sync the updates! By this time next year, we’ll be at 100+ calls to get updates and we’ll still be getting ones from three months ago.

We don’t need updates from the beginning of time every day, just the previous days’ updates. This argument could be provided in UTC to prevent any timezone conversion issues. It would save on compute on both the end-developer’s side and Monday.com’s infrastructure if we could apply a created_at date filter on the Updates endpoint and others that are chronological. Even an id filter would be beneficial if the ID’s are guaranteed to be sequential.

This has been requested multiple times, so I really hope this functionality will be available soon.

Question: as a workaround, I could just paginate through 10 pages and that would hopefully give me all the updates from yesterday, unless the team was realllllly busy. However, although it appears that the id’s are returned in descending order, I don’t see that documented anywhere. Is it guaranteed that the updates are returned ordered on id descending?

Hi @kyleflan,

Thank you for this feedback! I can absolutely see where you’re coming from and how something like a created_at filter could help reduce the number of unnecessary calls made.

Happy to submit this to our dev team for consideration!

Yes, I can confirm that the updates will be returned in descending order.

1 Like

Thank you for the confirmation. I hope this gets implemented soon, but glad to know there’s a workaround in the meantime!

1 Like