Add form as an activity for an item

We use our project workspace to plan future projects and to add details and updates to the project while we are on site performing our services. I’ve created some forms for customer sign off and near miss safety. Is there a way to automate to attach these forms to the project as an activity, subitem or anything?

Hi @lhovden!

Question - is the form associated with the same project board? If not, you could establish an automation to connect the items. I would recommend having a column for “company name” on both the project and the form boards. Then, use this pre-built automation:
Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 12.06.28 PM

That will connect the new form submission to the project board, assuming the company name (or another similar field) could be matched between the two.

I’d be happy to walk you through this if it would be helpful. Let me know!

Tanner
tanner@elevateops.io
Monday.com Consultant

1 Like

That looks like it works. Is there a way to populate a drop down with active projects or add the mirrored field to select from in the form?

1 Like

@lhovden You could create a template dropdown column on your project board that includes the names of all of your projects. Then, you could add the template column to the board that collects the form responses. When you add a new project to the template dropdown list, I believe it should reflect on the column in the form board as well :slight_smile:

Tanner
tanner@elevateops.io
Monday.com Consultant

1 Like

I don’t see save as template as an option in column settings. Do I have to enable it?

You should see it here:

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 1.37.24 PM

If you don’t see it, though, I would reach out to monday.com support.

Tanner
tanner@elevateops.io
Monday.com Consultant