Add Milestone filter to calendar widget

I want to be able to filter out all items except those which are marked as a milestone in a timeline. We are trying to show all of the major deliverables / meetings / etc. across all of our projects in a calendar view and the only way I know how to do that now is to add dates in a specific column and use that column in the calendar. Otherwise, it brings in every item which we don’t want. Using the milestone as an additional filter would 100% solve our issue and not require us to have a redundant date column.

Hello Danielle!

Thank you for sharing your requirement regarding filtering items marked as milestones in a timeline view. I understand that you would like to display major deliverables, meetings, and other important events across all your projects in a calendar view without the need for a separate date column.

Currently, in monday.com, the timeline view does not provide a direct filter option to display only milestone items. However, there is a workaround that you can implement to achieve your desired result. Here’s a suggested approach:

1. Create a new status column specifically for milestones. You can label it as “Milestone” or any other suitable name.
  2. Go through your items and mark the ones that are milestones by selecting the appropriate status in the new milestone column.
  3. Once you have marked the milestone items, you can apply a filter in the timeline view to show only items with the “Milestone” status. This will narrow down the view to display the desired major deliverables, meetings, and other important events.

By using this method, you can filter the timeline view to focus on milestone items without the need for a redundant date column.

If you require further assistance or have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Our team at Rally Essentials specializes in custom monday.com integrations and enhancements and can help you optimize your workflow.

Best regards,

Ryusei Rally Essentials ryusei@rallyessentials.com