Add new item to connected board column

Hello,

So I have recently been tasked with revamping my companies Monday boards. We are a small marketing firm and I have come into a slight issue I cannot seem to resolve. Long story short, we have one board filled with creatives that are submitted by clients. On that board, each item has a status. I am then connecting that board with our main campaign board. I have a connected board column to link to each clients creatives, then a mirrored column that brings in the statuses from the creative submission board.

My question is, is there an automation that: when a new item is submitted to the creative board, will automatically ad that item into the connected board column on the main campaign board? I don’t want it to add another item to the campaign board, just add into the connected board column.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @nmarlatt - check out the matching automations. There is one that is triggered on item creation and should do the trick for you :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!
Mark

1 Like

hmm, I cannot seem to get this automation to do what I need it to.

basically what i’m looking for is

when someone ads an item here…

i need it to automatically link here

so the “Creative Status” bar updates accordingly.

The automation you linked to, while helpful, i believe requires too many parameters for what I am looking for.

Hi @nmarlatt ,

You might be able to use a matching logic recipe, if you can make sure you’ve got columns to match in both boards.

Give us a shout if you need a hand.

teameasy@easy-mondays.com :slight_smile:

Easy Mondays

Hi @nmarlatt - the matching automation I pointed to would need the Campaign Name in the first board in order to match to the second board. Unless you have the campign name set as a default value on the board this wont work.

So in this case, I would use the following automation on your first board:

Use Campaign Name for the column that changes, and make sure under this logic you choose “add another matched item”.

This should do the trick,
Mark

I am trying to use the Match column, but it is not populating the connect column even though the conditions are right.