I have two boards: Board A, and Board B.
Board A has a list of grants with an associated item keys (auto-generated column type provided by Monday). We can have multiple grants awarded with the same name, which is why I am using an item key.
Board B is where I am keeping form responses that provide details about each grant in Board A. One of the questions in the form asks the user to copy and paste the item key provided to them (which was taken from Board A).
When a form is submitted in Board B, I would like match the item key submitted with the item key in form A and automatically change the status in Board A to say a form response has been received for that item key.
I hope that process makes sense. Any ideas on how to automate this?
The app Match Index Column has everything in it to make this happen (almost ). The app uses this integration recipe in the target board (the board where your forms input appears, in your case board B).
The board “MIC Source” is where you keep the list of grant (board A). The columns “Key” (on both boards are used for matching) and in this example the columns “Numbers” is the one where the contents is copied (and kept in sync) from the source to the target board.
What is missing in the app is the ability to use the monday ItemId column for matching. There are 2 solutions here:
- you redesign the board to use a different column in your grants board to be the key, like a text column filled by the AutoID Column app.
- we change the app a little to support the ItemId column
Let me know if you want us to support the ItemId column. This is the first request we see to use the ItemId column as it is not the most friendly ID you can think of (too long number).
Nachliel from Easyapps here, this is not the solution you asked for but might solve you problem.
Our Monday form builder app, Easyform, supports Connected Boards questions, allowing you to show the items of Board B as options in a dropdown question in a Board A form:
Other features of our connected boars column are
- Limiting selection to a single item
- Displaying items from multiple connected boards
- Limiting select options to items from specific boards when column is connected to multiple boards
- Pro plan feature - item default values support - set default values for connected board columns that are hidden in the form.
In addition to that, we offer:
- Upload files to your board’s file columns, with support for:
- Allowing only specific file types, such as images or pdf
- Limiting the number of files that can be uploaded
- Setting a maximum for file size
- Manually retrying uploads if some or all of them failed
- Set default values for the response item’s hidden group, status, connected board and dropdown columns. To do so, select Item default values from the Settings menu.
- Add the item’s group as just another field to the form.
- Control the page’s top margin, with the ability to set different values for desktop and mobile. To do so, select Page from the Settings menu.
If you’re interested in creating styled forms that better match your brand and embed perfectly on your web page, you can check out our Monday.com app Easyform and our extensive documentation site.
You can set up a free demo here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is an example of our form in action:
I hope this helps,