I feel like i’ve searched everywhere, but I can’t find out how to do this…
I’ve created a form where a client fills in their info and chooses their preferences from a dropdown menu. One of those preferences is represented by items in a connected board (client should choose one of the items, so then all info looking forward in the process is aligned with other columns regarding this item in the connected board). For some reason, be it connected board or mirror, I can’t seem to make this happen.
I hope this is clear. How can I make this happen?
Hi! You’re probably running into an issue here because the connect boards column is not supported in building a form.
For context, the following columns are supported: date, time, text, long text, status, location, country, file, rating, checkbox, dropdown, numbers
The following columns are not supported: mirror, people, hour column, connect boards, subitems.
To use the values from the connect boards column as options in your form, you will need to recreate the column on your board instead of using a connect boards column to pull it from the other board.
To make this easier and save yourself some time, I’d suggest making the dropdown column into a column template and then adding it straight to your board with the form.
Does this help? Let me know your thoughts and we can go from there!
Go to the app marketplace and check out Superforms!
You can use the connected board column then.
They have free plans up to a point and might be what you need.
Failing that - you could use something like Column Magic to copy your connected board column and put the same data into a column you can use in the native form building scenario - also free plan up to a point.
Take it easy
Nachliel from Easyapps here
Our Monday form builder app, Easyform, supports Connected Boards questions, allowing you to show the items of Board B as options in a dropdown question in a Board A form:
Other features of our connected boars column are
- Limiting selection to a single item
- Displaying items from multiple connected boards
- Limiting select options to items from specific boards when column is connected to multiple boards
- Pro plan feature - item default values support - set default values for connected board columns that are hidden in the form.
In addition to that, we offer:
- Upload files to your board’s file columns, with support for:
- Allowing only specific file types, such as images or pdf
- Limiting the number of files that can be uploaded
- Setting a maximum for file size
- Manually retrying uploads if some or all of them failed
- Set default values for the response item’s hidden group, status, connected board and dropdown columns. To do so, select Item default values from the Settings menu.
- Add the item’s group as just another field to the form.
- Control the page’s top margin, with the ability to set different values for desktop and mobile. To do so, select Page from the Settings menu.
If you’re interested in creating styled forms that better match your brand and embed perfectly on your web page, you can check out our Monday.com app Easyform and our extensive documentation site.
You can set up a free demo here or contact us at email@example.com.
Here is an example of our form in action:
I hope this helps,
Hey there! Superforms worked, and I managed to make it work- now I have another problem, I can’t seem to find how to build an automation so that when clients choose an item (from the connected board!) in the superform, something else happens. How can I make my automations take into consideration the chosen item from the connected board?
Do superforms work on the iphone mobile app as well?