Allow permissions to carry over from Templates

Currently, when one creates a board from a template, the permissions on that board do not carry over. For example, permissions who can view a specific column.

Please can we submit a feature request to allow permissions to carry over?

I can not imagine, for the life of me, why… You can assign permissions on column and subitem columns within a template, and those permissions do not carry over to a board created from that template.

We would like to use a bunch of columns in to wire together different boards, and then stamp them out using templates.

The problem is none of the column permissions survive the templating process. It deletes all the permissions except the new board owner, requiring somebody to manually rewire every single board that gets made.

I would like column permissions set in the template to carry through to boards that get made.

Particularly teams. This would help immensely. As I could tag our Ops team for a bunch of column wiring, and then hide it from the rest of the organization.

Wouldn’t it be nice to setup board permissions in your private templates? Or save a current board with board permissions as a template. In my use case (I use 4 different boards for 1 solution) I need to set board permissions each time I create a solution (need to set it in 4 boards).

3 Likes

Hey @basdebruin,

Justin here :slight_smile: Thank you for sharing this feedback. I agree this would be useful to have. :slight_smile:

I can not guarantee anything, but I will be sure to pass this along to our team for review. Keep rocking it and sharing your thoughts.

You help make us better. :slight_smile: Feel free to share any use cases you may have in other areas as well.

Cheers,
Justin

I’m confused as to why I am unable to set the board permissions on a templated board… The option is grayed out in the menu. See below:

2 Likes

Template board permission settings are still not being passed on to their children. This would be really great to have!

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello, any update on this?