Anyone using Monday.com to track EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System)

Hey @Shem :wave:

You can actually make an official request for this in the Feature Feedback section of the community!

You can also check stories.monday.com for a template like this in the meantime :slight_smile:

Hello, Some news about EOS and a Monday template ?

Thanks

I’m another that’s very keen to understand how people are using Monday.com together with EOS. Would love to learn and happy to contribute to any working groups.

I am sure there is a great solution possible here!!

I am also still looking for a solution!! We have been using a solution we put together for a while, but it requires some manual work every week. Not bad though. I would love to hear how others are working towards a solution. I know there was a group led by @Atticus, and if you’re looking for any feedback, we’d love to help!!!

I am experimenting with using one of the Documents in Monday for the L10 meeting and then embedding IDS, ToDo and Rocks into it which would be tracked in boards. Issue I am currently struggling with is the goal of having each of these other boards be company wide but only letting users see the items that are applicable to them (have a department name in each item and it shows up via filter on that departments L10 meeting). I am hoping item level permissions could work for this although it looks like the current iteration means I would have to have every user in the department added to each item… maybe this could be done with an automation based on department selection. Anyway, interested in what others come up with.

I only recently heard of EOS, but I am interested in this thread. Following and bumping.

I would to lend out a helping hand. I practice parts of the EOS Process and I like thought monday would be perfect. Had a another system i was using it just didn’t fit my biz model very well. Please reach out to me I would love to get involved and mastermind.

Bump - I’m just introducing Monday to my company and EOS is one of many use-cases. I’d love to see what you come up with here!

Hi all- Apologies for the delay in responding on this thread. While this project is of great interest to us, it has definitely slipped way down the priority list for us and our collaborators. To help dust it off, how about a quick Zoom show and tell next week? We can talk about our thoughts to date, allow you to share your needs, and anyone who has developed the bones of Monday/EOS tools can share what they have learned. Sound cool? Reply here with your email address and I will get an invite out. Shooting for 3pm CST on April 20. @JackiSto @TPHLLC @FredBaker @monday_user @mikesupeck @bobbylurve @daleyne @Shem @jennap @mchinsky

1 Like

Hi all- Apologies for the delay in responding on this thread. While this project is of great interest to us, it has definitely slipped way down the priority list for us and our collaborators. To help dust it off, how about a quick Zoom show and tell next week? We can talk about our thoughts to date, allow you to share your needs, and anyone who has developed the bones of Monday/EOS tools can share what they have learned. Sound cool? Reply here with your email address and I will get an invite out. Shooting for 3pm CST on April 20.
@betsela @StacyJ @Dani @PolishedGeek

1 Like

stacy@hollywoodbranded.com

On a related note how are you all doing with EOS? For your top level owners, about how many L10’s do you participate in per week?

@mchinsky We have been using EOS for about 7 years. We are a small organization, but have flexed in size a couple of times and have used L10’s differently over time. Initially our top leadership team had one L10. After a quarter, we rolled it our to our Directors, and we all had 1 L10 a week (less than 10 people). We then added team L10’s for about 3 different teams. I (integrator) attended those three plus the Directors Meeting. We then shuttered a couple of programs, and now our entire team participates in 1 L10 a week (about 15 people). It is excellent for information sharing and accountability. Since COVID however, and with such a large group from so many different disciplines, the IDS portion is pretty anemic. We rarely take on weighty topics anymore, so problem solving happens in smaller groups and we don’t have the diversity of thought we once did. That’s my $.02. Hope it helps.

1 Like

About how many employees do you have?

The problem I’m seeing is we are 5 partners in our company and there seems to be too many l10’s where more than 1 partner is attending such that the average partner is in 8-12 hours of EOS meetings per week (probably averages more like 16 if you add in the time for quarterly and annuals).

It just seems to eat away at the available time to either sell, market or deliver services by those partners so whatever efficiencies are created by the EOS process are eaten up by the costs of the extra staff doing the things the partners used to do.

Sounds familiar. When I was participating in 4 meetings a week it felt like way too much. It would have been better if our Directors were reliably bringing headlines, issues, etc. from their Level 10’s to our Director Level 10, but for various reasons there always seemed to be an information gap that I could only fill by being in each meeting. I guess there’s a decision to be made there for top level leaders in EOS: More information/More Time in Meetings vs. Less Detail/Less Time In Meetings.

I’d love to join this call! Email is: mmorris@tutordoctor.org. Thanks!

fredwbaker@gmail.com

Thanks for sharing what you learned!

Hi, I’d love an invite to the call. Just starting with EOS and definitely want to build it into Monday. mmaggart@saad-startitle.com. Thanks!

Ok folks. I have an invitation out to everyone who has provided email addresses to date. Let me know if I am missing you. Happy to add as people check this thread.

We don’t have Monday.com yet since we’re looking into project management systems that could integrate with EOS. We’ve looked at ninety.io for EOS but it doessn’t fulfill the need of a project management system too. It would be awesome if that app could integrate with Monday.com instead of starting from the ground up.