API with Power Automate

Has anyone connected Power Automate (or Flow) to Monday.com? I have no experience creating an API connection, so trying to figure out how. I created a connection but it doesn’t like my key, so I’m probably not creating the connection correctly (showing my total lack of knowledge in this area!).

Any guidance or help would be gratefully received!
Thanks

Hey @MelB!

I’m not an expert at PowerAutomate, but this is what the header should look like in your API call (forgive the fake API key):

"Authorization" : "abcdefg12345"

Let me know if that helps!

Hi @MelB (and @dipro). Looks like you are trying to build a custom data connector in MS flow. This is not exactly for the faint of heart, and I think you really need to know what you are doing. Essentially you are building a gateway to the Monday.com platform programmatically. Just like how Monday.com has built integrations in its platform. I think if Monday.com developers built a connector and published in their platform as a integration this would be ideal. If interested, you can vote up my feature request here.

You can pass data back and forth between Monday.com and Flow if you have a premium Flow account. You can use the HTTP post
action to send data to Monday’s api (though I admit this can be a tedious). To receive data from Monday, you can set up a webhook in Monday’s api. You would use the “when a HTTP request is received” trigger with this. When you select this trigger it will generate a URL you would use when you set up your webhook in Monday. Screenshots below.

This text will be hidden

2 Likes

Hi Devin. You’re absolutely right, a connector for Flow (Power Automate) would be a welcome addition and I expect raise sales with monday because as has been pointed out in other topics, that integration wires you straight into the MS ecosystem.

I have used the HTTP (premium) connector for querying data out of monday but I cannot get the ‘mutation’ action to work. Have you managed that, and if so can you share some syntax or tips?

1 Like

Hey @PaulCJ - welcome!

I can definitely see how a connector for Power Automate would be something useful - I’ll be sure to pass the feedback along internally to the team. In the meanwhile perhaps @deceiver08 can shed some light on his workaround for querying this data.

-Daniel

Hey @PaulCJ and @dsilva. Here is a screenshot of a mutation I am doing through Power Automate.I am using HTTP, not GraphQL. And again, it is easy to get this by first making your query in Postman in GraphQL, then look under “code” and select “HTTP” to get the code to use in Power Automate.

1 Like

Thanks deceiver08, that’s a cracking tip which functionally completes that in-out data loop and serves my current use case. I can see that will be of considerable use moving forward as well. Postman looks like a seriously useful piece of kit.

As a detail, I had to remove the “variables”{} text at the bottom of the generated http request to get it to fire.

Many thanks for the tip. I’ll try to post up any discoveries I make along the way. Cheers, PaulCj.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.