Can Monday.com do what Power Automate Flows do?

I would like to know if Monday.com do what Microsoft Power Automate Flows do? It is not important to me that every task has a duplicate for each platform. I am only interested in a few specific tasks.

Can a process be kick started by Monday once an email is received whose subject line is something Monday is looking for?

Can Monday then open an attachment to this email and parse the lines of the file and then compare this data to the contends of the List?

No, monday does not natively have that level of automation. Many people use platforms like make.com or zappier with monday. Or Power Automate, or logic apps, etc.

Think of monday.com as sharepoint tables with much easier to set up internal automations, and easy to install and add on integrations with third-party platforms. But at this time, things like document parsing are not part of it.

But it can monitor for emails with certain subjects to create items or trigger specific automations in monday (like a status change that could trigger more complex workflows).