Monday generate new customer based on new email from web site form

I have just started a trial with Monday and I am trying to ascertain if it can achieve some automations I would like.

I would love to know if anyone else has worked out how to achieve this please.

I would like an email form from my web site to automatically create a new item and place the relevant details into relevant columns.

So a new contact is generated with all the contact details, business name etc.

Hey @Darryl - not sure if you were able to set up your workflow on a board yet.

To accomplish what you are looking to do - there are two ways:

1- You can write the code to connect your email to monday.com by making use of our API: monday.com API

2- You can adjust your workflow to use Forms instead of your email to pull in the information and then you can use email integration (Gmail or MS 365) to then communicate with your clients.

Let me know what you think.

Hi Darryl,

I do something similar.
I run a function space so I get enquiries from our website and from a number of 3rd party booking sites.
I collect the data and automate their details into a new item on my “New enquiry” board.

To capture this data it is a little different depending on where it is coming from.

We use a third party program called “Zapier”. This is because it can read emails and pull data from them depending on the rules that you give it. It was a little complicated to set up but totally worth it.

If you are only coming from your website I would recommend embedding a Monday.com form to save any more subscription costs. This will be as seamless as you can get it. The form on your website will be as if the customer is updating them self into your board.

If you get leads from multiple places Zapier can be a useful tool. You might even find it useful for other workflows which I have that make it well worth the extra subscription. They do have a free version for very small usage amounts.

How it works:

1. Customer enquires on website (A,B or C)
  2. Website generates an email that goes to our email in a set format every time and the only difference is the customer information.
  3. I set an auto forward to send a copy of every email to a dedicated Zapier email address (easy and free to set up under your Zapier account)
  4. I then set up a filter on Zapier to say (only trigger when recieving an email that has a subject line of “New enquiry from website A” for example"
  5. The email is then trained to select info I have trained it to grab. This is called “Parsing”. Easy to set up when the format is always the same. Just highlight and label your fields.
  6. Link it with monday.com
  7. This is the complicated bit. There is a certian format code in order to update the columns called JSON. There is instructions in Monday docs and Zapier Docs.
  8. Turn on the zap and watch the magic happen.

For a non-coder this is a much easier option than writing code and using the API etc.

Hope this helps you or anyone else with a similar issue.