Asana Integration and updates to tasks & subtasks in Monday

Hi there!

I’m trying out Monday.com because I really like the My Work view and some other features that Asana doesn’t have or do well.

The rest of the team uses Asana and I was trying out the integration and Zaps but am a bit confused. I’d like to keep the Asana project updated during my monday.com trial because not everyone on the team will want to pay for/use a different tool.

How do I get as task/item status to update from Monday to Asana on tasks/items and subtasks/subitems?

Also, if I create a task and subtasks in Monday those don’t seem to populate to Asana. Is that expected?

Does it only work Asana → Monday and not the other way?

(I’ve looked at making a zap to update the status from Monday → Asana but it seems to be more complicated than I thought.)

The documentation isn’t super clear and I’ve not been able to find what I’m looking for in the community here. I use subtasks a lot for organization and this is kinda throwing a wrench in my plans.

Thanks for any help!

Hi @laura33 !
I see that your question remains unsolved, so let me jump in :wink:
I’m Jacek, Co-Founder of getint.io, the platform for integrations and migrations.
Our platform can help you integrate Monday.com with Asana, and keep both in sync. When the team will finally believe that Monday.com is a tool of choice, you will also be able to migrate from Asana to Monday.
You can give it a free trial here (Asana Monday integration)
best,
Jacek