Auto Assign - Round Robin

A feature that would be of big help is to auto assign pulses to a user from a list of users in a round robin order. Currently, I am having to do that myself and a big help would be to automate that process. We have up to 700 pulses added a month on 1 board alone, so doing this manually becomes a very time consuming process.

Hi @JordanD! I’ve heard this request before - would you be able to expand on your workflow so we can understand a bit more how this would be beneficial for you? Curious to understand what’s behind the 700 items :slight_smile: Cheers!

1 Like

Sure. Without going into too much detail about the business we are in, we have a department (We can call it Department A) that reaches deals. Once a deal is reached, Department A creates a pulse via form for another dept (Department B) to work off of. Department B will follow up on several items related to the deal. Each one of these deals needs to be assigned to a rep in Dept. B and distributed fairly. It would be nice to have this done automatically via round robin automation among a group of users that I select. Right now I have to manually go in and manually assign them which is a tedious task.

1 Like

Awesome thanks for sharing!

Hi! is this feature available yet?

1 Like

Hi Laura,

Just came across this request and my company has been interested in a achieving this as well. Is this functionality available in Monday yet? Are there any plans to add this feature?

Just an idea:
Maybe adding an “On Deck” functionality would allow the system to keep track of who was assigned a ticket last and for board viewers to see who’s getting the next new work item assigned to them.
If that’s possible, then maybe it would be possible to add a rule (similar to Outlook) that searches the text in the work item and if it contains certain words, then have Monday decide to auto-assign a user as the owner from the group or not.

Thank you

1 Like

hi @JordanD , @chooyueqi , @SpicyKebab

There is an app in the marketplace (see https://monday.com/marketplace/100) that assign persons from a “team” in a Round Robin version when a new item is created. A team can be either a monday.com team or an items / column combi that defines the team to use.

Hi Basdebruin,

Which app was that? Thanks!

the one listed above - Round Robin Assignments

1 Like

Wondering if there has been any action on this from Monday.com?

1 Like