Auto create an item in another board and then mirror columns

Hi - I had this setup then complicated the automation and now I can’t get it to work. Here is what I would like to do:

In one board, on an item level, when stage changes to Closed Won and opportunity type = customer and shipment type = individual addresses, create an item in another board.

And then in the board where the item is created, have a series of columns mirrored.

Thanks

Hi Brian,

Thanks for writing in! Jenna here, happy to help :wave:

First, in order for the columns to be mirrored, you need to already have those mirror columns set up on the other board with the connect boards column linking to that board.

Here is a video walking you through how you can set up your workflow to mirror and map the information you need to the new board: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

Here are some helpful articles on the features mentioned in my video if you’d like to learn more about how to set them up and their full capabilities:

I hope this helps! Remember to mark as solved if this answers your question :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Jenna

I have this same type of set up… Project boards with individual tasks. When a task is assigned to a specific team it creates an item in our install board to dispatch our install crews. I need all information for those items to mirror over. the problem I am running into is every time a new task is added to the install board I have to go to each mirrored column and select the column i want to mirror. See how the last one added says no selection? I can’t figure out how to get it to automatically select the same column every time??

Capture