Automate Due dates

I am new to Monday.com and am trying to set up some daily tasks for myself. I figured out how to create new tasks daily but the Date column is not pulling over into the options on the create item action menu. what am i missing here?

Hey Brandi!

To confirm, the problem here is that when you are trying to map out the fields in the “create item” action in your automation recipe, you are not seeing the Date Column come up as an option to fill out?

If so, can you reply with a screenshot of your board and then a screenshot of the options you have in your automation recipe? This will help us better understand what you’re seeing on your end.

In the meantime, have you tried the automation recipe “when item is created, set date to today”? Would that work for what you need?

Hi Charlotte,

Yes ive tried that. Its not what im looking for. I don’t want to have to keep creating new items everyday its silly. Is there a way to automate just the date field on existing items? Also im seeing a way to use the conditions effectively to look for “is not equal to” on the status. Is there an advanced automation function on Monday? With code?

image001.png