Automating Exports of Boards to Emails

It would be great to see a feature when you can automate for your board to be exported daily and sent to an email.

We are looking at connecting board exports to feed into a reporting dashboard on another platform.

Hopefully they will activate this feature soon!

You have my vote! I have been asking for this future for a long time!

I came across your feature request and couldn’t agree more with the need for an in-house automation tool in Monday.com for extracting and distributing board data.

Use Case Scenarios:
In my experience, after completing a project on a Monday.com board, the next step often involves extracting data, typically in Excel format, for further use.

Currently, I need to send daily reports to clients. This is a common scenario for many of us, where the ability to seamlessly transition data from our boards to other platforms or stakeholders is crucial.

Pros & Benefits:

1. Automation Efficiency: By automating this process within Monday.com, we can significantly streamline our workflows. This automation would save time and reduce the manual effort of extracting and sending reports.

2. Data Security: Keeping this process within Monday.com’s ecosystem enhances data security. Many of us are cautious about using third-party integrations due to the risks involved in exposing our data. An in-house solution would provide peace of mind, knowing our data remains protected within a trusted environment.

3. Simplicity and Integration: Staying within the Monday.com platform simplifies operations. We already utilize Monday.com for project management; having an additional feature for data extraction and distribution would make it a more comprehensive tool.

This feature would not only enhance the functionality of Monday.com but also align with the needs of many users who value efficiency, security, and simplicity in their project management tools.

Looking forward to seeing this enhancement come to life one day and appreciate the initiative in bringing this up.

Note: I know product must be slammed over there, so I could only imagine what their backlog looks like.

That’s a fantastic idea! Automation and seamless integration between boards and reporting dashboards would definitely streamline processes and make data management even more efficient. @Tay