Board Snapshots / Automated Exports

This may seem like 2 requests, but the end-goal is similar enough.

It would be great to have a means of seeing what a board looked like at a certain point in time. The idea is a board goes through many changes, and rather than having to sort through the activity log, I could just set which day or iteration I want to see the board looked like in comparison to today (or any other point).

If this is too difficult, the easiest workaround I can think of is the ability to set up timed exports on a regular cadence so that the snapshots are automatically captured as Excel files. For now we can remember to manually export, but hey, why not automate?

The best comparison I can think of is Google Sheets version control in which you can revert back to a sheet from a certain point in time. I’m not asking for the ability to fully revert, just a chance to preview what the board looked like. I imagine this data is kept somewhere for a certain amount of time?

Hi, I would really like something like that.
I need a feature to export (to Excel or whatever) items before the are archived. For example, I want an automation to export all items marked as “Done” once a month and then archive them.

Also looking to export to excel on a schedule automatically.

Yes, this is a feature I really need! Automatic excel exports each month, before the info is archived or cleared.

I came here to ask about this. We are also wanting to automatically export data from a board on a recurring basis. Any format would be awesome. Just something we can share with others. It would be even cooler if it you could give it a couple of email addresses to receive the export. Thanks!

I don’t currently have this need. But, it would be relatively easy to copy a board to Google Sheets or an Excel workbook and email the file to people on a schedule using Integromat.

Another option would be duplicate the board and email links. Again, easy in Integromat.

1 Like

I’ve never used Integromat. I’ll have to check them out. Thanks!

Yes, I am also looking to export to excel on a schedule automatically. If anyone has done some work-around for this, please share!

@agalvao @Tricatrica @Elliot just wanted to let you know that with the Screenful add-on that you can use to schedule exports daily/weekly/monthly in PDF or CSV format and have it automatically sent to the specified email addresses. You can learn more at monday.com reports: Advanced custom report & analytics for monday.com — Screenful

Throwing in another solution here after two years, since I bet it can be still useful for anyone stumbling across this topic.

With Spreadsheet Gorilla you can quite easily send emails including a custom email text and attached Excel files (based on your board data) with automations on a daily, weekly or monthly basis – all done without even touching your board.

We are currently working on custom filters that will let you strip down the exported board data to e.g. including only items with STATUS is DONE. Expect them being shipped within the next week.

– Markus from Gorilla Apps