Automating Status Column using Formula Column

Hi,

Is there anyway we can automate formula column in another status column?

Regards

1 Like

HI @amrita! Currently the formula column is not supported in our automations however when we release dynamic (build your own recipes) automations it will be! Stay tuned here and at monday.com Work OS: the visual platform that manages everything for the release sometime in Q1 of this! Cheers!

2 Likes

We were waiting for half year now do you have any news on this? its really important and please dont forget sub-items cases its just the same

2 Likes

Is there any update on this?

1 Like

Hey @amrita @Crazybeep @gbarker121 :wave:

The feature Laura mentioned has indeed been released as our Custom Automation capabilities! Check out this article for more details: Build your own custom automation

~

We have also added support for The Subitems in some of our automation recipes!

Keep in mind that our subitems are still in Beta which is why some core functionalities are still missing. Our developers are working hard on adding and enabling upcoming features as soon as possible, but to be fully transparent they will be coming in increments as we want to ensure that each functionality is released with the best quality possible.

As always, you can keep up with the roadmap for subitems here - however, please note that while this information is shared to outline some of our plans, these plans are subject to change.

~

As for support for The Formula Column, formulas are not supported in our automations still.

However, this is possible with the General Caster App from the monday.com apps marketplace!:

Do note that General Caster was not developed by the monday.com team. As such, we don’t have any control over its functionality – and do not provide support for setting it up. Our team has reviewed it against our security and privacy guidelines, but we cannot fully certify it.

If you do want to try it out, I’d recommend checking out the app details in the marketplace here: The monday apps marketplace. You can review the app’s documentation (and applicable privacy policies) and install it if you choose.

To learn more about security in the monday apps marketplace, check out this article: Understanding apps marketplace security

~

If you would prefer to use our API to build this automation yourself, then something else you can try instead would be to use one of our 3rd party platform integrations to build your own automation based on the formula column:

Otherwise, if you are comfortable coding or have access to any developers, you can build your own automation using our API:

If you need additional support on our APIs or apps platform, I would recommend doing a search for your question in our developer community here.

If you need help building custom integrations, we also have an option for paid assistance through our network of certified monday.com partners. If this interests you, simply fill out this form and someone will be in touch shortly!

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Jenna

Hi @jennap,

Hmmmm. Unless I’m missing something major, I don’t think the feature Laura mentioned is actually realeased.

Laura Said:
“Currently the formula column is not supported in our automations however when we release dynamic (build your own recipes) automations it will be!”

What I’m looking for is an automation that will work like this:

“When Forumula Column equals ‘x’ change status to Done”

I’m still not seeing anyway to reference the state of a formula column in a custom automation. Am I just being blind?

Thanks,
G

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.