Automations not working properly

I am using this automation Devin Breen is not using the client column but straight to the person/guest.

A notification is being sent but is not changing the status? I have been noticing glitchy things like this happening. See blow screenshot of item.

However, this item below no notification was sent.

What am I missing?

Hi Tori! Thanks for your question.

I don’t have an immediate solution for you, but I did want to highlight a few methods for troubleshooting that have been successful for diagnosing issues with automations for me in the past.

First, some basics (so forgive me if you know/did this
it-crowd-chris-o-dowd
). Clear your browser’s cache and do a hard reset. Some instructions for doing that here.

Similarly, try logging out of your monday.com account and then back in.

To continue to diagnose, you can see an event log of automation activities to see if monday had an error. More on that here. Navigate to the item and click “Automations Activity”

This list of actions will show a “filed” status if there was an issue.

If there is no failure, you can try this next:

1. Delete the automation,
  2. Repeat the hard reset/clear cache, and/or log out and back in
  3. Re-make it the automation
  4. Test again

If that is still not working, try creating the same automation outcome using a different formula. Like, notify Devin first, then set status.

Give some of those a try, I hope this helps :slight_smile:
Best
Shawna
–If you should want more customized support, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at info@launchpointco.com

Thank you so much for this. I will try it, however my concern is will I have to do this across my 40+ boards, and once it is set up how do I know it will work properly going forward?

Great!

You are dealing with either 1) a bug which should not affect the whole monday instance and be resolved by clearing cache etc, or 2) you are configuring the automation in an ineffective way and would need to revise any other boards using the automation once you resolve the issue with the recipie.

Once you get a sense of the issue you will be able to decide if you need to re-configure all automations, or if this was just an error on this specific instance.

Happy monday-ing!
Shawna