Burndown charts

Bumping this. Would be great to have a burndown chart or cumulative flow chart for Kanban boards. It looks like this has been requested for ages. When will it be in the pipeline?

+1 to feature request for a burndown chart as a dashboard widget.

+1 for this and would like a burnup chart as well.

I was able to hack a burnup for my needs by using a Date Created and a Date Complete column. Using a fresh duplicate of the board (I know) I was able to add the board twice to a dashboard and used the Date Created for one copy and Date Complete for the other. If I could just add the same board to a dashboard twice I would be able to do this without all the hassle.

+1, can’t believe that this isn’t a feature already! Hope that @monday-team adds this sooner rather than later.

Hi all,

My name is Ran, I’m a product manager at monday.com.
I’m happy to share that we rolled out the support for burndown charts as part of monday dev!
It supports presentation of weekend, activity log of changes and much more

1 Like

Hi Ranto,

How do I access this burndown chart you mention here?

Thanks

Hello @Mitch.Poyser ,

You would have purchase the monday dev product.

1 Like

Hi @Ranto,

I feel like this should be part of Pro, as from what I can see the Dev version is pretty much just a cut down version of the full version. I would imagine the approach for features should be put it in the core product and then selectively choose which to also carry over to the cut down dev version.

Do you have this on your roadmap for the standard product?

I would like to use it to show how many hours are being delivered to each of the disabled people we support and also if the staff have been allocated their full hours of support, showing if we are on track.

Burndown charts can have a lot more potential use cases than just tracking sprint progress, so I don’t really see it as a dev tool.

Thanks,
Mitch

Thanks for that, I wasn’t aware of this little bespoke offering of Dev and it’s hard to tell it apart from the actual product.

Hi Mitch,

At this point, the burndown chart functionality is tightly coupled to dev work.
There is an App on the marketplace which is more generic and could be used for such needs.
BTW, specifically for the use case that you wrote, why not use a simple chart widget?

Hi @Ranto,

We are a non-profit organisation so I am not interested in paying an additional subscription fee or opening up the data risk that would come with a third party app. This should just be part of the product.

The case I have is this:
A person we support is allocated a contract with a budget.
We break that down into a fortnightly budget.
Multiple staff support that person at different shifts of different durations throughout the fortnight.
We need to track whether the money being spent on staffing shifts is over or under the expectations for the fortnight, ideally after each expected shift.
It nearly always needs managing because people we support change their plans, staff change their plans or get sick and cover is needed and/or shifts are cancelled.
The burndown would show the line of best spend of budget and wether our budgeting is within a tolerance as we progress through the fortnight. It would also show the budget full at the start and zero as the end goal. We’d also use a full contract period burndown chart to track overall if we are burning down at a rate that we’ll be on budget and not over (or under) shoot.

We would accompany that chart with a staff equivalent that shows the contracted hours of the staff and the actual shifts worked and are we tracking to accurately give them their contracted hours. I have to use two basic charts to get something half equivalent and that doesn’t say what the contracted hours or budget actually is (which changes per person, per staff and per time period).

If you have something in the core product that meets the brief, please whip up an example or working product and send it my way as it would be very much appreciated. If you don’t, please put burndowns in the core product because the concept doesn’t have to be explicitly linked to development scenarios and the charts premise predates Monday.com.

Cheers,
Mitch

1 Like

Agreed with @Mitch.Poyser This really should be something that Monday has by default.