Cad office project

Hi all,

I have a small Cad team to manage. So far I’m using a shared Excel file (please have a look to the screenshot below) where the Project Managers fill (area 1 in the screenshot) the Projects with 1.works order number 2.part number 3.customer name 4.description 5.expected hours and break it in different tasks (area 2) and assign them to the design managers.
The Design Managers have to fill every day with the hours they have worked on the tasks (area 3)
The excel file give us a sum of the hours every Design Engineer has worked every week (area 4), the estimated workload (area 5), and a report (area 6) of which tasks every one has worked in a period of time.

My question: Can a free Monday account give me all this? I hope even mere and in a more efficient way.
I am considering a project management software, but before starting to learn and trial it, I would prefer to know if it can give me at least what we already have with the Excel file.

Hi @a036-e - Curious if you decided to use monday․com for this? You wouldn’t be able to do this with a free monday․com account, but in Pro there is a workload view that can easily sum up the time worked per resource and visualize whether they are working beyond, under or at capacity. Depending on the settings you choose, you can see historical data or hide it to focus on forecasting demand.

You can learn more about the Workload view here: https://support.monday.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010699760-The-Workload-View

Hi @a036-e :wave:

Just wanted to check in to see if you were able to set this up?
As @PolishedGeek mentioned, this would be best achieved with the Workload view, which forms part of our Pro plan level.

Have you had a chance to try out our free trial? This is a 14 day free trial of our Pro plan. You can set this up by going to the monday.com homepage and selecting ‘Get Started’.
This would allow you to give the Workload view a try for free :smiley:

If you haven’t checked this out, I’d highly recommend giving this a try!

Best,

Dani

Hi again @a036-e :wave:

I hope the answers in this thread are useful!
As we haven’t had any updates here, I’m going to go ahead and mark this thread as solved.
This means that the thread will close in 7 days time :slightly_smiling_face:

If you have any additional questions or you feel your original query wasn’t resolved, please feel free to let us know and we’ll be happy to continue to assist!

Best,

Dani

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.