Can I assign a board to someone rather than individual tasks?

Hi Monday world!

Background: I’m a technical writer on a team of other writers. For the most part, our work is individual so we have separate boards where we keep track of our own tasks.

Goal: My manager would like to create a dashboard where they can track our workload (across separate boards).

My workaround: It seems like the only way to collect Workload data across boards is by auto-assigning ourselves to each task created in our respective boards.

Question: I’m just curious if there is a simpler way? Mostly because I hate getting notifications that I’ve been assigned to a task that I just created ◡̈
Is it possible to assign an entire board to someone? That way it’s just assumed that every task in that board is for that person?

Hi @magasaurus,

I have almost the exact same query and I am wondering if you have made this work?

I work at an architects and we typically manage our own projects and our boss is wanting to see / manage our tasks.

We are trying to set up a workflow and we’re all quite new to Monday so struggling with establishing systems / workflows.

We want to tasks to be assigned to users so we can create views of all outstanding tasks per person, but would like the ownership of items within a board to be automatically assigned as each new task is added, rather than adding tasks and then ownership being a two step process.

Also if the users are typically looking at “views” of filtered tasks (to remove items which are done) - if these are not assigned to the correct person, they will not appear in these filtered views.

Many thanks

J-P

For anyone reading this - i have almost instantly stumbled across part of the answer - in the three dots there is a default value for new items - which can be set as the owner.

This is successfully adding a default user as described.

We do have a skeleton project with groups - next task is to assign person to all tasks across existing multiple groups at beginning.