Can update content in one board automatic upgrade same content in another board?

Hi all,

I’m new to Monday.com and lack of experience. Please help to comment if I can/or can’t/how to setup the boards structure as follow:

1. A Top level of Projects status include all different project status in a summary content for management team.
  2. Separate board for each project work flow and tasks details for working level use.
  3. Use link column to create the link between the Top level board and working level board, it can click the link column and will redirect to each project board for details.

I want to make the feature that when working level update the status in the working level board. Whenever the complete % of the project change, the new valid will automatic update the complete % field in Top level board for that project. It can save times for update the field everyday. Any direct method to do this?

Regards,
KK

5 Likes

That is an essential feature to manage a project. We need that too! I wonder if it is on Monaday’s holdmap.

Hi @KKChan, @Juhly02,

Are you looking for a kind of reporting in a master board? I created an app that builds a relationship (1:many) between a master and (N) detailed boards. In the detailed boards you can configure a recipe to report a status from a group of items to the main board. So, let’s say the detailed board contains 30 tasks and at e moment a task is set to complete. The master board single line item for that project will show something like: “45% - Done”. If that is what you are looking for you might be interested in the app, more info can be found here: Monday app with automations released - #4 by basdebruin

2 Likes

Hey KK,

I believe I’m understanding your question although I might not understand it fully.

From what I understand, I believe you can solve your problem by, instead of having different boards, put all of the information onto one board and then set up different views for that board.

I.e. you will set up one view for the management team that can be titled “project statuses” and only shows the relevant columns while hiding the workflow related columns, and then you can have a second view for the working level tasks titled “workflow,” and then you can hide the management related columns while showing the workflow related columns.

I’ve implemented this solution for my furniture purchasing company, where the delivery team, sales team, management team, procurement team, and customer service team all work very efficiently out of only the one board.

Feel free to let me know if you are still struggling with this and I’d be happy to jump on a call with you to describe it a little better, because it isn’t the most straight forward thing to set up, but now that it is set up it works like a dream.

Best of luck,

Daniel

Hey @Bastouri ,

Thanks for the info.

I was hoping you could go a bit deeper on how you manage this, im looking to get a very similar approach with our system but cant really see how to get it done.

Thanks,
Jonathan De Bem

Hi, @jonathandbem - If you would like some help getting started with monday․com, we offer a limited number of no-charge strategy sessions in the community each week. I’d love to meet you and see how we can help. Book one here: Book a call with Polished Geek: Do more with monday․com

1 Like

Hi @jonathandbem ,

Sorry for the late reply! I’ve been away for some time and I’ve just now seen your response.

If you’re interested in knowing a bit more, here is the link to a post/video tutorial I made for it.

Feel free to let me know if you want to hop on a zoom call as well and I can explain more on the call!

Talk soon,

Daniel