Change status when a Person is unassigned

I’ve set up an automation which updates a status column when someone is added to the people column for a given sub-item.

This status column is then mirrored to its parent column, which gives a visual summary in the parent item, allowing for a quick scan of any parent items that have sub-items without an assigned person. For example, if a person is assigned for 5 out of 10 sub-items, when collapsed into its parent item, the summary status column in the parent item will show a bar that’s 50% coloured.

This means i can quickly scan each parent item without having to go searching through the sub-items to see if the sub-items have people assigned to them.

However i can’t seem to find a way to have to status change if People column is unassigned. Some thing like this:
“When person is unassigned change status column to something”

We often have to assign/un-assign/re-assign people throughout a day based on new information from clients. So keeping track of what sub-items are assigned a person at a glance is useful.

Yes. I could just have a status column that says assigned Yes/No and manually updated it, but i’d prefer it to be automated to avoid human error.

2 Likes

Has there been any solution for this issue yet?

I have a similar question - is there a way to send a notification when someone is unassigned?

Hey Cheri,

Just tried this. Curiously, it doesn’t work. Try on your own; maybe it will work.

The “and” is : “column is empty”

Let me know,

Léandre

How did you select a recipe that let’s you select when a person “changes”?

Its just the regular “column changes” trigger.

That said, when a people column changes and someone is unassigned, it doesn’t trigger. That’s right, no trigger on people being removed.

However! The webhooks integration “when column changes” behaves as expected.