CommuniHub - no notification when email received

Has anyone tried using CommuniHub to communicate with internal stakeholders, or external clients?

I’ve done some testing with it over today.
This article says:
With the CommuniHub app, your team can manage hundreds of client or customer relationships from within monday.com! Keeping your communication centralized means that your team will spend less time tracking down the details for every interaction.

The functionality sounds great, until you get to this part of the article: Replies will be received in the CommuniHub app! You won’t be notified in monday.com about replies, but they will be stored within your email exchange

So it’s not centralized communication at all, you need to go to an inbox to know you have received a reply! Surely that’s not efficient in any way?

Does anyone have a workaround please?

Thanks
Kev

6 Likes

Yes, same issue. You get notified in your email (ie. Gmail) but it doesn’t show a number in the Updates section like the actual “Updates” tab does. That would help!

3 Likes

@KevG you can use integrations to get notified when an email arrives:

Hope it helps

1 Like

Thank you.

I have used the Outlook integration with Communihub. We can send ok, and get the replies ok, but unless you check your Outlook inbox there is no notification served up in Monday.

It worked part-time, then broke.

It’s a known bug, Monday are aware of the issue, but no time to fix.

2 Likes

I thought I was going crazy! Seems like the Gmail notification integration isn’t working either, at least not entirely.

I get a notification if I set myself explicitly as the SOMEONE who gets a message.

But if I direct notifications to subscribers, and subscribe, no notifications.

So the issue is probably in whatever corresponds to the Automation logic internally, not on the CommuniHub side.

I have the opposite problem - I get a ton of emails from Monday telling me I’ve received emails.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to turn these off?

Hi @ivan.d @KevG @JFrazier

I have received confirmation from the team that if you remove the automation, and recreate it, it should fix the issue, and should work as this was a bug which has now been solved.

Could you please let me know if this helps and if so, @KevG, as the original poster, solve this thread?

@stuttters are you referring to emails relating to Communihub or just general emails from monday.com about what is happening in your account?

For me the issue is:
If you post an “update” in the update area, then you get an email and Monday notification, plus it shows a number on the update bubble (the number on an update bubble is desired!)
But, if you just use Communihub to make an update, you only get an email-- no Monday notification and also no number is created on the update bubble. It would be helpful to have the number show on the update bubble when you use Communihub so you can see if there are updates at a glance

3 Likes

These potential automations are no longer available in the automations center. Now all communihub notifications can only trigger automations if the email you are corresponding with is identical to one listed in the “email” column. This is bad news as I always have to cc AND Im not always be emailing the same contact over any given item.

I’ve noticed that too in the last few days. What a complete nightmare!!

It sounds like a workaround the devs have put in to try and get CommuniHub working.

I work in a really busy agency, I can’t imagine having to insert an email in to an email column for all clients we may or may not email.

I feel like I’m going to be a slave to Monday hindering my time.

So I can now get a notification, but the original recipe now won’t work.

That recipe was something like Notify Who/Person when a new email comes in.

That’s no longer available, and it seems as though you now need to add an email column, and add all potential emails in there for people who might email that board. What an administrative nightmare this is going to be.

It makes CommuniHub a pointless and redundant feature of Monday in my opinion.

Very simply I’m not going to use it, I don’t trust that we’ll get all emails, I’d rather continue to use Outlook and copy/paste any pertinent information in to the individual task. Such a shame.

3 Likes

Ditto. Half baked “features” are not really features at all!

2 Likes

These emails:

hey @KevG

You do indeed need to add the email column in the new automations, but you don’t need to add in each email individually to the recipe. Its a dynamic recipe, meaning any email in the email column that you’ve designated, will create the desired notification. This recipe is Across the board - not specific to one item. Meaning you only need to create it once. Does that help?

Hi Ben

Here’s a screenshot of my Ad-Hoc board:Awesome Screenshot

• Any sales person in the company can send an amend in to that board and we’ll undertake the work
  • We’ve got 10 sales people
  • From what you’re saying “any email in the email column that you’ve designated, will create the desired notification
  • Therefore I don’t need to add in their emails addresses to a task, I can add just one email in any task?
  • Then use this recipe: Awesome Screenshot
  • In my case “Notify Who” will notify the resource assigned to the task

Will that work?

Thanks
Kevin

With the CommuniHub app, your team can manage hundreds of client or customer relationships from within monday.com! Keeping your communication centralized means that your team will spend less time tracking down the details for every interaction.

The functionality sounds great, until you get to this part of the article : Replies will be received in the CommuniHub app! You won’t be notified in monday.com about replies, but they will be stored within your email exchange

That infact doesnt happen. I have spent the majority of the last week trying to cut and paste and in most cases create a new note because you cant edit email’s. My users send emails from CommuniHub but they are not notified when the email gets a response. On the rare occasion when they can find the reply they can reply from within Monday but the follow up response and future correspondence is no longer captured in that email chain? Users use Outlook when they recive the email and when they reply that email doesnt get pushed into Monday/CommuniHub. What is the problem and how can we fix this?

2 Likes

Perhaps they need to respond with the monday pulse email cc’d?

Thats what we were doing before and while it worked it was very time consuming to go bak>open monday> find client> copy pulse email> then go to outlook and bcc it. It shouldn’t be this difficult.

2 Likes

Except say you have 1 client, and 10 ‘deals’. It seems if I have the email on the ‘deal’ communihub will show the email communication relating to all the deals regardless of where its opened from making it pointless. Updates at least only show’s emails that relate to that particular row (but the ‘email to’ feature is clunky)

Communihub seems to embed an invisible gif into the email so that when it’s received back, it knows where to put it. Why can’t that gif be specific enough to specify the row the original outbound email was sent from so that the initial email and the replies back and fourth are linked to the deal and not global?

2 Likes

Kev, the problem I’ve seen with this recipe is it only seems to work on a NEW email sent to you by the customer/contact. It does not work on any replies which to me is more important

1 Like