Comparative Monthly Sales Analysis for 2021 and 2022

Hello ,

I am currently working on a sales analysis project and I was wondering if it’s possible to create a comparative bar chart on MONDAY. My goal is to visualize monthly sales figures for two consecutive years. For each month, I would like to display two bars side by side: one for the year 2022 and the other for the year 2021. Thus, the bars for January 2022 and January 2021 would be adjacent, and the same for all other months.

This visualization would be very useful for comparing monthly performance from one year to another. Is it possible to create such a chart in MONDAY? If so, could you guide me on how to set it up?

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

Sincerely,

Hey Jeremy,

Can you elaborate a little further on how you currently have this set up in your account? For example, have you created 2 seperate boards to measure sales across the years or is this data sitting in one board, with a date or timeline column? This will help us understand what might be the best way forward to set this up in a dashboard… :pray:

Here’s a response in English to the query:

Hello Bianca,

Thanks for reaching out. To clarify, all the data I’m looking to analyze is housed within a single board. This board has been in use since 2020, and it includes sales data across multiple years

The best way to approach this in my opinion is to create a formula that reads a date column ( if it does not already exist in some way it will have to be created) and returns the months and the year that this sale/item took place.

I am not 100% sure if this can be used in the same widget, but it will certainly help provide you with the visualization you need.

You can use this for numerous KPIs, and I am certain it would prove very valuable to you in the future as well.

Best,
Giannis, Implementation Consultant at thespelas.com

Hi Giannis,

Thank you for your advice. I understand the approach you are suggesting, however, I would like to clarify that I already have a date column in my board. This column has been tracking sales data since 2020

Excellent, you can use that for the aforementioned formula column!

OK thank you, do you think with your solution I can make that :

At this time, the only way to achieve this would be if you set up 2 seperate formula/numbers columns that track numbers across the 2 years. This would allow you to compare values across those 2 columns.

You can then restructure the board to accomodate for your reporting purposes, i.e. breaking up months across group etc. I recognise that this may not be the most ideal format, however in order to set up those adjacent graphs, I think this might be the way to go.

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

Thank you very much, Bianca. This is indeed exactly what I am looking to do. It turns out that my boards are not organized in this way at all. However, I will be able to create new ones (based on those I use daily) to achieve what I wish. Thank you very much for your advice.

Best regards,

That’s great to hear Jeremy! Let me know if you need any further support :blush: