Dashboard to show sold items vs stock level

Hi, whats the best way to do this? when we sell stock each month, id like to see the relative total stock number so far a have a bar graph showing the monthly sales, ideally id have some kind of line graph overlaid showing stock levels for each month adjusting.

How best to acheive this?

Thanks

Hi Paul,

The first thing to say is that bar and line overlaid is not a chart option by default in monday.com. You may have access to that type of chart in one of the marketplace apps, however the really important thing to consider is your board structure.

It’s hard for me to give advice as I don’t know how your board is structured, however if you want to show data over time in monday, you typically need to have items that are logging data points at specific times. In almost any chart generation, you’ll need to keep your data in series as well.

So the board structure for generating a chart similar to this would be a board with items that held data points at specific times (such as daily, weekly, or monthly) and then one column would be stock, while another would be sales.

1 Like

@Paul_Adams I suggest taking a look at the Analytics & Reports by Screenful. It’s an add-on to Monday that allows creating advanced charts, including line and bar charts that shows trends over a time period. Here’s an example multibar chart that shows three different values for each week:

The multibar chart allows you to create a chart that shows bars for monthly sales and the stock level for each month.

You can learn more about the add-on and signup for a free trial to give it a try!

1 Like