I may be over thinking and missing the easy and obvious solution. I have a form with a connect board column to the employee directory. What I am trying to achieve is when a new form is completed, and they select the employee name I want the termed date in the employee directory to be updated. I do not need a new item created in the employee directory and that is the only connect board automation that I can see.
Not sure I fully understand your workflow but I think this automation can help you.
Nachliel from Easyapps here
Our Monday form builder app, Easyform, supports Connected Boards questions, allowing you to show the items of Board B as options in a dropdown question in a Board A form:
Other features of our connected boars column are
- Limiting selection to a single item
- Displaying items from multiple connected boards
- Limiting select options to items from specific boards when column is connected to multiple boards
- Pro plan feature - item default values support - set default values for connected board columns that are hidden in the form.
In addition to that, we offer:
- Upload files to your board’s file columns, with support for:
- Allowing only specific file types, such as images or pdf
- Limiting the number of files that can be uploaded
- Setting a maximum for file size
- Manually retrying uploads if some or all of them failed
- Set default values for the response item’s hidden group, status, connected board and dropdown columns. To do so, select Item default values from the Settings menu.
- Add the item’s group as just another field to the form.
- Control the page’s top margin, with the ability to set different values for desktop and mobile. To do so, select Page from the Settings menu.
Here is an example of our form in action:
I hope this helps,