Connecting boards and mirroring data

Hello, All!

I was curious if there was a way that I would be able to duplicate certain ccolumns from one board to another. I have played around with the Link Colum and Mirror Colum functions, but am having a hard time finding a solution.

At the moment I have two boards that house the same information, one in more detail then the other. What I would like to happen is that an item is created in the more detailed board and the information needed for the other board is automatically populated based on the one input.

Is there a way to do this?

Hi @MeganMcIntosh2020

I don’t think there is an easy solution for this. More in general I doubt if it is very useful to have duplicated information in any IT solution. Is it an idea to combine these two boards and use hidden columns and views to create 2 views that do / do not show detailed information?

1 Like

Hi @MeganMcIntosh2020 - Like Bas, I don’t think duplicating information is going to lead to a good answer. You’ll find yourself struggling to keep data in sync and which board to “trust” as the actual source of the latest info. Better to use board connection columns and mirror columns and/or configure different views in one large board.

I’d be happy to take a look over a Zoom meeting and provide some more targeted advice. You can book a time with me here: Book a call with Polished Geek: Do more with monday․com

@PolishedGeek
This is the issue I am having at the moment, having two boards with duplicate data. The main goal would be to have the secondary board pull the information from the Source Board and update automatically. I would like to use the Mirror Columns if possible to keep everything organized but haven’t figured out a way to do it!

I will go ahead and schedule a time with you and hopefully you can help!

Hey @MeganMcIntosh2020, one more solution could be using The Table Widget on a Dashboard. The table widget will automatically populate/update in the dashboard. If you are only looking for data from specific columns to show up (e.g. a numbers column or a status), then you could use The Chart Widget or Battery Widget. Hope this gives some other ideas :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking forward to meeting you, @MeganMcIntosh2020

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.