Enhance my UX. When duplicating a board, give me check boxes to select some columns or all columns to mirror in one step.

If I create a duplicate board because it has all the data I want, give me the choice to mirror the same columns all in one step so I don’t have to piece the whole thing together with 10 steps. If I have a lot of columns, which I do, 40+, then I have to mirror each one. Trying to perform this to in large scale is very painful. This is just one board. Now imagine parsing out parts of information for different teams on different boards and workspaces, it’s a nightmare.

Hey George,

Just to make sure we are understanding correctly, are you referring specifically to mirrored columns in a board you’re duplicating? Or would you like to have the option to choose the specific columns you want duplicated into the new board?

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. See the attached file. We are still in design phase and possibly not doing this the best way as I am still learning your tool.

I am working with the Safety team to track new accidents. I built a form, and the data appears on the main table. The safety team is responsible for this information and probably will add more columns as we go. When someone wants to file an insurance claim, I need some of this same information on a different board that insurance dept. will look at, but they will need to add more columns specific to their department. If a lawsuit is filed, I need the legal dept. to review some of the same info on their board, but they will need to add more columns specific to their department as well. Then I need a board for vehicle maintenance, accounting for the damages and invoicing. As you can see, one accident spiders out from one department to many others. Each department needs a few of the same basic columns but once it hits their department, they want to add their own columns relevant to them. As I keep adding boards per department, I must mirror them on each board, so the data stays in sync. Each department wants the core basic data, vehicle, driver, incident date, entity, etc. etc. and then customize the columns for them. They don’t want to see the same columns in Legal as Vehicle Maintenance. This many boards and this many columns, one at a time, is super slow and painful to configure.

If there is a better way to set this up, please let me know.

If not, what I am asking for is options when I duplicate a board:

(Attachment Dispatch_Incident_Report_Heads_Up_1691128701.xlsx is missing)

If not, what I am asking for is options when I duplicate a board:

1. I click to Duplicate the board.
  2. If you duplicate the board, do you want to duplicate all the groups? Give a multi select option with default selected to all groups or uncheck the ones you don’t need.
  3. If you duplicate the board, do you want to mirror all the columns? Give a multi select option with default selected to all columns or uncheck the ones you don’t need.

I believe this gives me the ultimate flexibility and spend the least amount of time for setup/copy. I hope this helps and please feel free to ask any questions.