Control timeline weekends per board or workspace

My team would also would benefit from this feature. Weekends are required for some of our boards, but not all. Add the ability to include/exclude weekends in the Board Settings.

Hello,
A few monday users need to schedule actions on Saturday and Sunday. The display of weekends is general parameter.
I would like a possible parameter on each board.
Thank you,
Fabrice.

I just wanted to voice my support for moving this setting to the Workspace (or even board) level. We have some users that need to track expirations and sometimes those happen over the weekend. To allow this we have to globally enable weekends, which is not ideal at all.

Fully agree. We need both types for different seasons of work but our seasons overlap for months at a time and it becomes very challenging for scheduling. Please make the option available per board

This is an old post, but is there any update to changing permissions to the workspace level to include or hide weekends? Thanks.

Hey everyone,

I have reached out to the product team in-charge for an update on this - I will get back to you all as soon as I have information to share. Thank you for your continued patience :pray:

Update: At this time, due to some feature prioritisation changes, we donā€™t currently have an update on the development of this feature which I understand isnā€™t ideal for you all however please know the team are aware of the need and demand for this release, so it is on their radar however no ETA yet :pray:

How exactly does one enable weekends at the board level once receiving early access to the Date Check app? I watched the 13 min demo and may have missed something, but from what I understand we would have to set weekends as if they are holidays for the boards where we donā€™t want weekends to be an option, by creating an automation?

based on the level of work that needs to go into creating this option per board, what setting do you recommend to be account-wide if the majority of boards should not have weekends as an option?

We are looking for a way to leave our account-wide settings to no weekends, and enable weekends for specific boards based on the board and not the person assigned. Some people will do work on weekends for certain types of projects but should not be able to be assigned on a weekend for other projects.

Also, is the Date Check app free and going to remain free once itā€™s released?

And is there an update from Monday.com about whether a feature like this is being considered without needing to do all the work to configure this via a separate app and training our users who need it to also do that?

2 Likes

This is really important at the enterprise level with several teams using Monday and having different needs at the board level.

Yes please, at the very least make it a workspace setting instead of an account setting.

1 Like

I read on another board that Holiday & Blackout dates were added to the long-term roadmap. Would board / workspace working days / weekends be included in that exploration?

It is critical for some boards to allow / include weekends and for others to be weekdays only.

Checking on this for you Torrie!

Hello,

This feature is imperative to our success working with Monday. Iā€™ve escalated with various product teams at monday but would like a timeline estimate on this feature. Bianca can you tell us when this is coming?

Hi Torrie and Gillian,

I am still waiting to hear more concrete information as the development of this feature is dependent on additional developments in other domainsā€¦ I am doing my best to understand specifics asap!

This seems like quite a basic feature requirement for work management software; Iā€™m surprised itā€™s not already available.

Just to put yet another fine point on the conversation ā€“ I struggle to see how the ability to assign a unique calendar to each board is not a part of the basic functionality. Especially in a large organization you have hundreds of teams working across different shifts and timezones. Even within a single development team you may have teams in one TZ working on a given unit and a team in a distinct time zone working on another. Itā€™s critical that we have the ability to set the calendar at the board level.

1 Like

Ability to add or remove weekends is critical as an enterprise level software. We need weekends for our deployment team, however my team needs to exclude them. Now each of our dates are of by 0-2 days, but when you multiply that by 50+ sub items - weā€™re now off by 100 days/3 months! Please donā€™t make us do each timeline manually or buy an extension app that you donā€™t control and adds additional cost!

1 Like

To be honest, this is a major flaw for a timeline based plan. Without control of when the actual work days are it is impossible to correctly schedule anything with dependent tasks, because if a preceding task moves it can and does push things into the weekend that canā€™t be done at the weekend.
This requires control at the board level because not all plans will be the same, we also want SOME weekends to be used, ie: for a major deployment, but not all.
I have a plan with 15 product launches and it is proving really hard to control if one or two of the earlier tasks move, because they are all dependent.
Otherwise, I do like Monday.

1 Like

I agree that this is a major weakness for a project planning system. There are times my team needs to set deadlines or effective dates on a weekend but turning it on for the entire organization has a detrimental impact on other teams because it impacts their durations and timelines. This should be able to be controlled at the board level.

1 Like

@BiancaT Another example of a product flaw. How is this not capable of being altered anywhere but globally? I have infrastructure folks who have weekend infra windows, but I donā€™t want weekend factored into timeline planning for projects. Very disappointed with yet another gotcha.

1 Like

Hi Brad,

I appreciate that youā€™re frustrated and recognise that there is a community demand for this feature.

I am working with teams internally to better understand the reasoning behind delays in development. At this stage I want to let you know that this particular feature - controlling timeline weekends per board/workspace - is on our list for development this year (likely H2 however subject to change). For some context, we know that our time capabilities need improving and are currently focusing on these areas within the platform, prioritising quality and stability which takes time to ensure the build is right.

Please be assured we are advocating for our community each and every day.

1 Like