Holiday/Blackout days in Timeline/Gantt Views

It would be great if we could blackout days that we don’t want our items to be scheduled on. Major holidays and company vacation days so we don’t accidentally schedule something over one of those days.

Hi

I encounter this gap in functionality when planning a project that is about to overlap with the upcoming holidays in IL in September

Be able to block holidays as a working days is an important feature

Udi

3 Likes

I sencond this we really need this as it’s basic project management requirement!

Thanks!

5 Likes

Hi, same need here, it could be great to have it to improve our plans ! Thanks !

1 Like

Super important! Monday just launched this nice automation to mach items with a usercase of holiday requests. As often in monday, this only works in a simple way because we cannot define holidays. This again means a lot of work arounds or alternative solutions for HR while I am trying to convince them that monday is a great tool and should be further implemented…

6 Likes

Has anything further happened with being able to block out certain dates (public holidays etc) within a Project so that these are treated like weekend exclusion in the timeline and Gannt?

2 Likes

Hi,
same need for us as well
It could be great to have it to improve our plans
Thanks

1 Like

Unimpressed that there has never been a response to this from Monday - it’s a really basic feature.

I asked a similar query via message to tech support, twice, last year, and didn’t get any response. Disappointing and makes it hard for me to justify renewal to the team.

7 Likes

Same need within our company. Need to blockout dates for when team members are not available, otherwise our projects are grossly understated.

2 Likes

Also waiting and hoping for this feature.

2 Likes

Any news on this features? We need more likes? I really need it for my projets and HR requests on calendar.

Very basic

Thhhanks!

2 Likes

Really basic, simple need…

2 Likes

Our company is also in need for this feature. All our people management and project timeline is compromised without the system being able to recognize public holidays and vacation requests.

2 Likes

Monday Dev Time *** Easy Win *** Could you add a holiday table to each user account? it could be as simple as a date column and a am/pm/allday status. When looking at the user in workload/calendar views it would be good to highlight the hols, and maybe later add the ability for items/subitems assigned to the person to be highlight, with option of extending item/subitem. Would be useful if you can also assign holidays to Teams, or be able to have specific holidays for countries (our staff are in over 10 countries, with diff hol days!)… PLEASE can you do this, or put some guidance together so people can have an easy way to implement holidays.

7 Likes

Still awaiting acknowledgement of my January 2022 question. No feedback from anyone at Monday.com yet. This is a simple yet URGENT request.

5 Likes

How could this have been overlooked in the development of this software? This is such a basic function that I didn’t even think to check that it was available before we decided to use Monday.com. It’s simply imperative to be able to block out non-working days to so that we can manage our projects. Please, please, please put this at the top of your list.

8 Likes

This is an existing (and very useful feature) of SmartSheet. It’s also pretty standard for any scheduling tool; please look into prioritising this feature as this is very difficult to manage manually in a large project schedule with multiple dependencies.

2 Likes

We recently implemented Monday as our main project management tool and our teams NEED this feature asap to properly manage projects.

3 Likes

Absolutely a needed feature

2 Likes

Team Monday,
Possible to get an update on the implementation of this feature?

2 Likes