Greater flexibility in Workload/Capacity view for workweek & hours

Hello!

I’d like to request greater flexibility around workweek options and hours in the Workload/Capacity view. Flexibility around:

1. Defining four day, five day, six day, or seven day work week.
    1.1) Ability to define start and end days (e.g. work week is Monday-Thursday, Sunday-Friday, etc.)
    1.2) Ability to define which days are weekends (e.g. Friday-Saturday, Friday-Sunday, Saturday-Sunday).
  2. Ability to set hours on a day by day basis (vs the current weekly basis that is divided by 5 days).
    2.1) 10 hours on Monday, 10 hours on Tuesday, 10 hours on Wednesday, 10 hours on Thursday, and 6 hours on Friday
  3. Ability to black out days (such as Holidays). This is being requested in the Timeline/Gantt view in this request: Holiday/Blackout days in Timeline/Gantt Views

Thanks!

Hello,

I manage the planning of a production unit and the big problem is that tasks are planned by the hour or half-day.

I’d like to be able to connect my deadlines with a duration in hours, rather than days. This would enable me to have dependencies that follow each other in the same day. This is impossible today.

This is also a problem when it comes to calculating workload. We’d like to be able to customize our working hours by day and by employee.
We’d also like to be able to smooth out the workload instead of spreading it out.

For example, my colleague has 2.5 days of work spread over 3 days. I’d like his workload to be 100% on the first 2 days and 50% on the third.
Today, the workload is divided by the number of days.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

Hi,
I’m a program manager with project managers around the globe. One team is in Israel where the projects she manages have teams who work Sun. - Thursday. The other project manager is in the USA where the projects he manages have working days of Mon. - Friday. Our Monday.com admin. has set our working days as Monday-Sunday (7 days). This results in a poor experience for everyone. (e.g., 1-2 day tasks that fall on weekends becoming active and due all while the task owner is on their non-working day (weekend)).
I’d Love to have the ability to set working day by board vs. the current solution which is set/managed by the Admin. and then applies to all boards.

It would be good to also have exceptions to the working week.

Many of our projects go live on a weekend but most of the project is completed within business hours (Monday to Friday).

The exceptions would need to be by board.

Hi everybody!

Danielle here from the monday.com team :slight_smile:

We are working on an exciting new feature that allows you to manage availability on the account and we are looking for accounts to join our beta group! The feature includes:

1) Adding Work Schedules in ‘Admin’:

The ability to define multiple account-level work schedules for different users. Work schedule includes the ability to customize the following for different users:

• Working hours per day
  • Working days/ Weekends
  • Holidays or other non-working days

2) Visibility of work schedules in workload:

Displaying holidays/weekends of different users in workload + calculating user capacity based on work schedule

If you want to join the beta group please sign up in this form: WorkForms

2 Likes

Hi @Danielle-monday.com ,
I tried to fill in the form. It is asking me to sign in. Any chance you can share a different form that doesn’t require sign-in.

thanks,
Shamika

Hey Danielle, this is SUPER exciting! Unfortunately, I’m not able to view the form to signup for this beta program. I’ve signed in with my Monday.com login and entered the team name/URL, but, it just loops back to the sign in.

Hi! So sorry about that!

This link should definitely work! Beta sign up

1 Like

We use Monday for scheduling work internally and externally. We also use workday for capacity management so we don’t overwork our employees and/or miss customer deadlines.

We work a 10 hr. per day, 4 day (Mon-Thurs) week. Our biggest challenge is that if we have a multi-week project, the timeline is including 5 working days. If we have a project that will take 15 hours, that is a day and a half of work for us. With workload, it assumes an 8 hour workday. If we have a 60 hours job, it will show that we will be done mid Wednesday of the following week. In our world, they are finished at the end of Tuesday of the following week. If we have three tasks that take 3 hours per task, we will have an hour left in the day versus Monday showing that we are over capacity for that day.

This creates a lot of confusion internally with different individuals that may not fully understand the limitations/assumptions and makes it hard to gain adoption amongst our associates.

On a multi-week/month project, we are currently using multiple timeline columns (currently - nine) so that it shows on the calendars correctly. The area of the company that uses the workload view, has to manually do math to figure out the what the actual workload is for a particular day.
Screenshot 2022-07-06 125238

Screenshot 2022-07-06 125403

Yes please to adding this feature! Right now, after a schedule shift my dependent tasks often get pushed onto weekend days when no one is working. I have to manually change the sequence so nothing shows on Sat/Sun. Super frustrating.

Hi everybody!

Danielle here from the monday.com team :slight_smile:

We are working on an exciting new feature that allows you to manage availability on the account and we are looking for accounts to join our beta group! The feature includes:

1) Adding Work Schedules in ‘Admin’:

The ability to define multiple account-level work schedules for different users. Work schedule includes the ability to customize the following for different users:

• Working hours per day
  • Working days/ Weekends
  • Holidays or other non-working days

2) Visibility of work schedules in workload:

Displaying holidays/weekends of different users in workload + calculating user capacity based on work schedule

If you want to join the beta group please sign up in this form: Availability management - Beta sign up

The link takes me to our own workform space. It isn’t taking me to your form for me to fill out.

Thank you so much for letting me know! Can you try this one?

Join beta group here!

Still not working. It asks me to verify my account and then takes me to my forms. Tried it with chrome and edge.

Ok! This one should definitely work!

Beta sign up

Is this feature live now or still in Beta?

I have filled out the form to be part of the Beta testing but I am not sure if it is still relevant.