Create a board from lines in other boards, based on criteria

I have 86 source boards, which all have a dropdown column for “Asset Type” (e.g. Studio Video, Interview Video, Field video etc).
Because of the number of boards (over 50), I can’t easily use a Dashboard to select lines that meet criteria.
How can I make a new board that shows EACH line (from every board) that meets a criteria, e.g. “Asset Type = Studio Video”.
Basically, I’m trying to create a “horizon view” of upcoming work, EVEN IF it’s not allocated to us yet.

Matthew

Hi @MatthewP68 - this would likely require a rearchitected solution by utilizing a “master board” to hold all the individual source data. Basically, each pulse within a source board would actually reside within a single master board with the details mirrored to the individual source/project boards.

This way, all the data resides in a single board which makes reporting a breeze. There are drawbacks to this approach, so it would be important to understand your current structures to see if it is a viable solution.

Feel free to reach out any time if you need further assistance.
Mark

Hi Mark, yes that’s pretty much what I’m aiming for, just having trouble making it happen! I’ve watched the “connect board” and "mirroring’ videos a couple of times, but I just can’t seem to grasp the concept.

I get that going forward I can use an automation to copy pulses from the source board into my master board when they meet my criteria (when a drop-down is changed to one of a number of choices).

But how do I actually “seed” my master board with all the initial items that are already out there in those source boards?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Matt P

Hi @MatthewP68 - set up a temporary status column, let’s call it “trigger”. Set up your automation as you want it to work going forward for new items. Then for older items, set up the same type of automation but have it run when “Status Trigger changes to Done”. Click all the old stuff to done in that column and let it run. Be aware if you have hundreds and hundreds on a single board, you may need to do them in batches. One you are finished getting the older stuff sync’d up, just delete that trigger automation and column and you’re all set.

Brilliant, thank you VERY much. let me give that a try!

Matthew

OK, I’m getting VERY close to getting this working! I have my items mirrored to the source boards (or at least, some of them. I have 86 boards!)

One thing that ISN’T working is that when I delete an item from a source board, it’s NOT deleted from my master board. Is there a workaround for this, or is my configuration off? It just appears to be “orphaned” in my Master Board.

VERY appreciative of the help received so far!

Matt P