Create Automation when a file is uploaded to a column

It would be great if the user could create an automation when a file is uploaded. For example. Say you uploaded a file to the board, Once that file is uploaded, a status will change to “File Uploaded” or whatever. In my case, I would like to create that automation from another board. so that when one board has the file, the other board has a status change

@Doughty94

I do something similar to this on my videos board… I want to get notified when my editor uploads a video… and for him to get notified when I upload something.

So, I have an integration that runs when the file column is changed. And, if there was an upload, an email get’s sent to the correct person.

Jim - Subscribe to The Monday Man
Watch Our Latest Video: POWERFUL Item/Subitem Templates

Yea that is similar. I have the email notification as well. But I get so many emails that it will go unnoticed. Which is why I think it would be useful for a status change to accompany to file upload for visual confirmation for when I look back at what has been completed

@Doughty94

I wasn’t very clear… The integration that I’m using calls an Integromat scenario. You could do the same thing to update a status in another board.

Jim - Subscribe to The Monday Man
Watch Our Latest Video: POWERFUL Item/Subitem Templates

Ohh, I see. I just watched your video about it. Didn’t even know I could do that :scream:. Thanks a lot Correll. This tool actually opens up a lot of possibilities compared to the standard automations