Creating a copy of Main tasks only to auditing board

I recently used an automation to create a copy of a task and move it to an auditing board for verification purposes. However, the struggle I am running into is that when I try to apply it to other board with subitems, it wants to change the automation to only allow me to select subitems. I don’t want to be spammed with completion of subitems when I just want to verify a project is completed and doesn’t require additional changes to automations, work instructions etc.

Hey @DaniD-AFS - would love to help but I’m afraid I didn’t really understand the issue you’re describing.

Can you explain how you would like the flow to work and what’s currently not possible?

The board template that our staff all uses has a mandatory sub-item requirement on it. When I try to apply the automation to any board with this template it will not allow me to select just to receive a notification when the main task is completed, rather only allows me to select sub-items. The purpose is to audit any closed items to make sure that documentation, system automations etc. are all updated if necessary. I wouldn’t want to be notified for the subtasks just the main but I’m struggling with how to work around that.

Hey Danielle, you can use Same Item Multiple Boards and share the items between the “High level board” and the project boards without their subitems. So only when a parent item will change in your main board, you’ll get a notification