Creating an app to share boards to company's internal tool... What app feature type is that?

I’m new to Monday.com, I’ve been asked by a customer to add an option on boards to share any given board to the company’s proprietary, internal tool. They basically want a dialog that opens and allows to configure a couple options, and then send the board’s shareable URL + the options payload to their internal system for further processing.

I struggle to figure out how to do that within Monday.com:

It’s not an integration as far as I understand because I don’t want an IFTTT type workflow: the button has to be show on the board view (like the existing Share button).

So maybe it’s a “Boards”-type feature? I don’t think so because this should only be available on the whole board, not subsections or items.

I don’t think it’s a Custom Object either, because I don’t want to add items inside the document.

Ideally, this would be a new option in the “Share” dialog, but I apparently can’t edit the “Share” dialog because this is off limit to the apps’ API.

So… How do I do that?

Hello there @karpelig and welcome to the community!

I hope you like it here :muscle:

I believe you might want to use a board view. The board view shows as a “tab” next to the board’s “main table” tab.

In there, you can use the SDK to get data from the board, display it, and display whatever you want (such as settings for the users to use).

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
Matias

Thank you, I will look in this direction.

Happy to help @karpelig !