Creating forms for subitems?

Does anyone know if there is currently a way to create forms to populate subitem fields? I’ve tried to search similar topics here but couldn’t find any answers.
I’m trying to avoid creating multiple boards so I can store all the information I need on one board. Subitems are good but they require our team to fill out all the info instead of sending forms to our potential clients and have them fill out the info themselves.

2 Likes

Hey @northstarjojo, welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

At the moment forms can’t populate subitem fields. I would try dividing the board into groups and making extensive use of the filters so that you can store all the information you need in one board:

Is there any functionality in Monday that is actually finished? Everything seems half baked. I’ve never seen so many ‘workarounds’ in my life.

Do you know when functionality to add subitems to forms will be added?

Any update on when this will ever happen @TRB-monday.com ?
@danhall76 you are spot on! I’m constantly having to find a workarounds.
Did you find one with subitems and forms? I’m about to check jotforms as a solution.
Unfortunately subitems a must for me and this form limitation is another slap in the face.
The roadmap has a mention of form v2 upgrade but that doesn’t even have a time of completion and it may not even include subitems. Perhaps @TRB-monday.com can update us?