Creating notifications if status doesnt change in some time period?

Hi there!

So we are bringing “leads” into Monday via Zapier. What is supposed to happen is our team is supposed to acknowledge a lead (change a status column) and take ownership of it some time period after the item is created in Monday. Our team receives a notification from Monday when a new “lead” is created but I’m trying to see if there is a way to send a second notification if no one takes ownership and changes status in a certain time period after lead is received/created.

Welcome any advice.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi @jgulledge, yes for sure. You would create a follow up date on your board, and use this column to manage the notification if needed (based on status):

There are multiple ways to manage the notifications depending on your specific situation.

Hope this helps!
Mark

Hey Mark,

Thanks so much for this! I was thinking down this path but don’t quite have my head wrapped around it yet. Can I take the creation date and set the Follow Up to say 1 hour or 60 mins as the Follow Up time? We expect these leads to be followed up quite quickly.

I had wondered if a Timer was an option, say starting a Timer when an item is created but I don’t know if this is the intended purpose for that column type.

Hey @jgulledge - I cannot think of a way to accomplish this in monday (setting a follow up for X minutes/hours). monday.com doesn’t do a great job of triggering automations based on time values. You could push the date 1 day then have a check first thing the next day (12:00am).

The other option would be to use Zapier (as you mentioned you are using it today) to setup some scans on the board each hour to check for unassigned items.

Thanks!
Mark

Hey @mark.anley thanks so much for the guidance. Yeah I am striking out as well in finding a way to just do this in Monday.com. I’ll dig into Zapier as you suggested.

Thanks,

Jason