Delete All SubItems

We have created 6 subitems (using an automation when a new item is created) on our Sales board. We no have 100’s of Sales items that we could like to delete the existing subitems for.

Can someone help to point to a simple way/query to delete these 600+ subitems (without doing it manually)? If it helps, the subitems are named the same thing in each Item (Hardware, Software, Professional Services etc…).

I’ve been searching the Community boards (and took a look at : Deleting subitems) however that is just an individual item. Any help with using the same API playground to delete from an Array/List would be great!

Any updates on this feature?

Looks like no update as usual. Monday.com doesnt seem to have anyone working on feature updates. Pretty much every feature i’ve come here to find an asnwer to has many people asking for the same thing with no help. So many of them are features that should be intuitive I can’t understand why they arent already available. But on the plus side monday.com is raising prices this month! I’ve put entirely too much work into these board to jump ship but i wish i could move to Asana or another option. Nothing gets fixed or updated here.

Hey @uryung, @kaseybistro & @jstanko1982!

We developed an app called subitem automations that’s solves this exact use case of automatically deleting subitems. Here’s how it works -

You can either use the existing status column on the subitems or you can just create a new status column on the subitems, use batch actions to give them all the same value and then use the automation above to archive all of them at once.

You can find it in the monday.com marketplace in the platform or here - monday.com: Apps Marketplace

Hope that helps!

Hi I installed your app and just attempted this, it did not archive any subitems. I made an automation with a monday automation to delete an item based on a status and manually am deleting them this way.

Hey Rachael,

Thanks for your comment and sorry to hear your encountered issues!
I just tested it once again and it works, see the set up below →

You need to define both the parent item status change (that will trigger the automation) and the subitem status (which will be archived). Have you set it up that way?

If it still doesn’t work, please send me an email to daniel@fantasymedia.io?