Delete Sub Item

I am attempting to automate the deletion of sub items or duplication of items without sub items.

I have several boards where sub items are automatically generated, and the items are duplicated from one board to the next. However, the duplication moves the sub items from the old board over to the new board, which are no longer applicable.

Any help that you can give would be appreciated!

@KShark,

Welcome to the monday community!

If you can give some additional information on your use case maybe we can provide a clear answer. Given what you have described so far, I don’t think there is a way to do what you want in base monday. However, this would be easy to do using Integromat.

So is there no way in a Monday automation to delete sub-items and if not, how could it be done with Integromat? I see there is a range of options offered there like creating a sub item or deleting an item, but not deleting one or multiple subitems.

@iszabo

Not sure how I missed your post…

Subitems are still officially in “beta” and not every action that applies to items has been implemented (yet) for subitems.

Integromat works using the monday API which has much greater flexibility with interacting with monday data. In some cases the API is also still not completely setup when it comes to subitems. But, in almost every situation subitems can be manipulated by using the subitems board that is connected to the main board. (Every board that has subitems has a “sister” board that contains it’s subitems.)

Under what conditions are you wanting to delete subitems using automations?

Jim - Subscribe to The Monday Man
Watch Our Latest Video: POWERFUL Item/Subitem Templates

Hello @KShark,

If you would to copy items from one board to the other without the sub-items, you can use the Duplicates and Uniques copy functionality for that.
Here is a video which shows how the copy functionality works.
If you have any question, you can reach out at support@kolaai.com

Thank you @JCorrell . Ultimately my goal would be to be able to duplicate an item that has sub-items into another group on the same board, while deleting all sub-items from the duplicate.

In the past, I was able to do that with a range of workarounds and multiple automation steps (without even using Integromat) by moving the duplicate to another board and then sending it back. But since sub-items can be moved freely between boards, this solution is no longer works.

@kolaai I’ve installed the app and it works as a board view,
but it’s not popping up in the Integrations center :frowning:

That is very unusual. Do you mind refreshing your page? Maybe that may help.