Moving Item with Subitems to other board removing all Subitems

Hi

when by automation you moving item that contain Subitems, it delete the Subitems.

:frowning:

Happens when you move it manually as well- for groups and items. Would be nice to have them saved even when you move item or group.

Hi @Daniel.il & @uhaj! At this time, subitems are still in beta, so there are a few limitations that our team is working on.

You can find the full subitem roadmap here: Subitem Product Plan

3 Likes

This feature is very important and needed for my works now. Please work on it asap :rofl:

Agree this would be great to fix. Overall, the select / duplicate / move / delete / unselect user experience is pretty amazing in the monday app. makes it very easy to copy items to other boards other groups, etc. also the bulk update of a column value (updating across all selected items) is fantastic too. I would say probably the only deficiency is the handling of subitems when moving to other boards.

I do have another question related to this: if i wanted to achieve copying of subitems to another board, would it work if I did it as follows using only API mutations:

1. create the other board with the same column types and titles
  2. create a board called “Subitems of [New Board Name]”
    3.copy the items from the original board to the new board
  3. copy the items in “Subitems of [Original Board]” into “Subitems of [New Board]”
    update the subitems column in the new board, so they contain the pulseIds of the corresponding items in the new “Subitems…” board

would this work?