Develop a custom column?

Hi All,

Any chance to develop a custom column to use it in board ?
I want to develop something like dropdown input field that is existing in custom field input in integration, but I need to use it for board.

Hi @f2yez!

Just to make sure we’re on the same page, are you referring to a dropdown list (almost like a Status column) with pre-populated values?

If so, you actually are able to create new Status columns with pre-defined status labels. It sounds like something like this could be what you’re looking for.

If not, do you mind saying a bit more about the functionality you had in mind?

Hi @Helen,

Thanks. for your reply, not pre-defined labels, I want to get the labels from remote url.

I’m trying to I have noticed the custom dropdown field type in integration center can fetch the options from remote url, it will be awesome if I can develop custom dropdown field like it for board not for recipes sentences.

Hi @f2yez,

Ahh okay, I see what you’re saying.

But what is the difference between a custom dropdown field where you’re fetching these labels, and a Status column where you’re just populating these labels by hand? Isn’t that kind of the same thing?

I’m just trying to figure out the exact differences so that perhaps we can find a workaround for you for now.

Because there is no way to delete status label, dropdown option or tag completely from labels/options list, so I want to store the labels out of Monday and using the board view user can add, edit, delete the option labels

1 Like

Okay got it! Sure I’m happy to pass this on as feedback.

So, is it possible to create a custom column on monday.com?

Hello @william.brochensque! What do you want to create?

What would the column do?

I would say a simple column that can parse the data inside of it. Let’s say a column that changes ‘Ola’ to ‘Hello’ as an example

Hello again @william.brochensque!

You can’t create a column that does that on its own. You would have to create a regular column (in this case a text column) and create an automation/integration that does what you want to do to the values inside of that column.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Matias