Difficulty in deleting some columns

I dont understand why I’m unable to delete some columns at both parent and sub-item level. The ‘delete’ option is grayed out and when i mouse over it - i get the below message:

‘This column is required and cannot be deleted’

This seems to be happening recently. Can anyone provide some guidance?

Much appreciated

Graeme

Hey @graeme.renfrey! Hm, is this occurring on a specific template from our templates store? If you can let us know, we can test this on our end :pray:

Thanks Bianca - yeah, if you use the ‘Single Project’ template - and try to delete ‘Planned Effort’ or ‘Effort Spent’ cols - the delete option is greyed out.

Thanks for letting me know! I’ve investigated internally and can confirm that because this template is associated with one of our products, it means that certain boards (/templates) and columns in different boards cannot be deleted or duplicated to ensure workflows are not broken in the products - hopefully this makes a bit of sense! In order to combat this, you can hide the columns - sorry for any inconveniences caused!

1 Like

Hi Bianca, where can I find which products are used on these boards? I’m experiencing the same issue here. And are these products that you use on by default? Because otherwise, it would be nice if you could remove the colomns if you dont use the products.

Hey @Joosthh - can you please let me know which template you’re currently using? Additionally, you can see the product purchased for your account in the bottom left hand corner in the old layout:

Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 12.25.23 pm

And in the top left hand corner in the new layout:

Screen Shot 2023-06-21 at 12.26.40 pm

Hi Bianca, I’m also using the ‘Single Project’ template so I will likely have the issue here.

I’m using the new lay-out, but I’m not seeing the same button you are seeing. I’am an admin.

hi @Joosthh

In the new layout the button in at the far left / top (left to the monday logo)

1 Like

@Joosthh if you can check the top left hand corner and confirm if you’re using any products that would be great, as I can confirm whether the products are impacting your ability to delete these columns :pray:

Hello, sadly I also do not have the button on the top left corner.

Has anyone found a way to find what products are keeping us from being able to delete these two columns? In my case it looks like the base “Work Management” product is the only possibility. It would be nice to be able to easily delete rather than hide unnecessary columns as we adapt templates.

1 Like

I am so sorry for missing your reply here @Joosthh!

This is what I am referring to:

Screen Shot 2023-08-10 at 1.13.33 pm

These 9 dots don’t appear for you? If not, I will send over a private message to investigate further!

Hey @profstormmie and @Joosthh,

I have been in conversation with the team, and they have actually confirmed that as of 25th Feb if you created this template from the template store, you should be able to delete the columns - prior to that, it wasn’t possible to delete them.

If you have recently added these boards and running into this issue, please reach out to our support team via support@monday.com. You’re welcome to reference this thread too :pray:

Does this mean that if we created the board before Feb 25th then we cannot delete the columns without starting over?

Thanks

This is correct Kristin. I apologise for the inconvenience!

Hello, it sounds like this was supposed to be fixed in Feb 2023 but I am currently experiencing this issue with Dependency column and the Effort columns like mentioned in others’ posts. Can you please explain how to delete this columns when used from a template?