Distance Away Formula

Hi: Does anyone have any experience creating a formula (or way) that will calculate the distance to a zipcode value on another cell?

hi @rescobar

That should be possible. Straigh line distance is not too difficult to build. Distance by car, air, bicycle (yes I am Dutch :slight_smile: ) would require an integration with the likes from Google Maps, Waze etc

1 Like

Makes sense but there currently is no Google Maps or Waze integration correct? So still something custom coded?

Yes, that would require coding an app that integrates monday with Maps / Waze

@basdebruin Any suggestions as to who could do that?

I am almost sure app developers are reading this forum too, so I would not be suprised is someone is picking this up. I could do it also but currently very limited in time.

@basdebruin great. This would be my first custom code job so I have zero feel for expense. if you had to ball park the cost…where do you see it landing. Approximately of course.

Very hard to say @rescobar. The way I work is that I try to guestimate :slight_smile: the potential usage of the app (that’s why I make them generic) and in most case I end up between 30 - 150 Euro per account. If you need to do this for one account my experience is it will cost you 3-5 days to develop and deploy. That would be in the price range of 2.500 - 5.000 Euro.

Hope that makes sense.